Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Nice Truck
By Frank L.

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck has been wonderful to own. I have almost 25,000 miles on it and it has not given my any problems.

I love the 6 disk CD changer and the fact that with gas prices the way they are, I can get almost 400 miles of driving (combo city/highway) on a tank of gas.

Make more options available standard. I would like to see more options for wheel selections as well.

Second Review
By CRJ Driver

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My second review. Bought new in 08/06.TRD SPRT. 2300 miles later and still loving it! 1560 RPM's and you're doing 65 MPH. 1800 and you are at 75. I have never seen it go over 2500 RPM. I see no reason to. Quiet, stiff enough but not brutal, nothing but two oil changes so far, poster vehicle for reliability. Seats offer good suppport, tranny shifts silky smooth, no issues with harshness, so quiet it's hard to tell what gear you are in. Be smooth on the gas pedal and you will be rewarded. 19 mpg city and 23 fwy. There is no possible way to destruct this truck if you have a head over your shoulders.

Engine/transmission combination. It blows my mind when everything happens below 2000 RPM. You have to drive to believe. Yes you can push it to the floor and watch it jump and shift like crazy through the gears, but when you are smooth it does it for you so quietly you don't even know it.

Home-link. Prius has it, unless they think we don't have garages. MP3 jack, tailgate lock, bed light.

Reliable, Functional Performer
By tacoma_tx

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is by far the best in its class. I test drove every manufacturer's mid-size trucks and the Tacoma was all around the best truck. It is worth the extra money relative to domestic trucks, considering resale value of Toyota. The Toyota has an excellent reputation of making outstanding vehicles. The visual appearence is obviously eye catching. The interior is designed well and very functional. The performance is outstanding. The V6 has more power than it needs, which is the way it should be. I tow a trailer and haul loads all the time and it welcomes a challenge with no problem. I have had no problems with my truck. Although I wish it had 4x4, the 4x2 performs outstanding offroad.

Performance, style, reliability, towing capacity, smooth confident ride.

Trip computer with real time & average mpg estimate, lockable in bed storage, locking tailgate.

Driveline could not be worse!
By Indy

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sharp truck, too bad I hate driving it because the transmission shudders so bad when shifting gears. The automatic shifting is infuriating all the way around. It down shifts like it has Jake brakes. Good luck trying to coast. Toyota claims that all these problems are not problems, but normal. I wish they had mentioned these normal features in their brochure.

Interior/exterior design.

Fix the tranny problem!

I'd buy another tomorrow...!!
By John Dick

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I've ever owned. Only 16000 Kms, but absolutely fantastic so far.. No problems. Great truck man...!!

Audio controls on steering wheel.

Lower Price... hehe.