Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

No Brainer --
By MTB

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best mid sized truck out there. Fit and finish are top-shelf-- best interior quality of any truck out there. Good power and excellent, though firm, ride. At least as comfortable as my 2002 Maxima. I looked at used Tacomas to save a little cash, but they seem to hold their value so well it made sense to just get a new one. Also considered Ridgeline and Xterra. Ridgeline was very nice, but pricier. Xterra was less expensive, but not as comfortable or as well done inside- plus I think I'll get more than the price difference back via resale value with Toyota. Frontier back seat was far less comfortable, thus eliminating it from consideration.

Overall style and qulaity, quiet interior, expected resale value, Upgraded JBL sound is good, though bass is a little 'flabby' Good bedliner and adjustable cleats.

i-Pod and/or MP3 compatibility.

2006 TRD Sport 4x2 DlbCab SB
By texastacoma2006

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Tacoma. It is excellent truck. I researched all mid-size trucks and test drove every model out there. I have owned 4 Toyota sedans, but was open minded to other manufactures. I narrowed it down to Nissan or Toyota, b/c Chevy, Ford, Dodge don't compare. Nissan Frontier was comparable, but didn't like the interior, or the sales tactics of the dealer. Toyota brought everything together in a nice package. I bought the TRD Sport 4x2 but wish I would have got the 4x4 since I off road a lot more than I thought I would, next time. The borla exhaust and high flow intake that came with the TRD package REALLy makes a big difference, +20hp, making it sound cool and haul balls.

TRD package, Bed 110volt outlet, Double Cab, endless storage, hood scoop, Cool design (inside and out)

MPG add to overhead display, make the hood scoop functional, Line input in audio system, built in satelite radio, fog lights work with out headlights on

Avoid Toyota!!
By Jim

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Shifting shudder and large clunk when stopping and starting "just part of the design" per Toyota. See http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tacoma/66233-toyota-addresses-tacoma-transmission/ for other reports. Toyota quality and customer service terrible! Also, according to Toyota, it is acceptable for their dealers to put used tires on a new truck when the dealer is unable to fix another customer's tire balance problem. Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of buying a Toyota!! You will not get what you pay for -- you'll only hear that your problems are "design features".

Gas mileage

Toyota should back its product, not call problems "design features".

refelct
By Nancy

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy my vehicle I have only had it for about 2 months, To this point I am very pleased and all of my 17 yr olds friends think that I have the finest truck.

Black finders and black frontend

SUV in truck body...
By Stavro

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After spending endless hours on Edmunds, I decided to pull the trigger. Traded a 01 BMW X5 with 52K miles and 11 pages of maintenance records. What a relief! The Tacoma's interior is big, got the 4x2 sport pack with JBL audio and tow. If you don't need 4x4 why haul the extra weight around? First tank of gas gave me 19 mpg (87 RON per manual)combined. Feels solid, seats have good support, plenty of space in the rear, good visibility, suspension is on the spot, not too soft, not too hard, gearbox is smooth (A/T) as far as performance, I only have 220 miles but I can tell you this: 65mph with 1450 rpm is sweet!

4 doors, short bed fits the garage. The long does not. 110V outlet in the back, composite bed-liner, do not get the OEM bike rack, they use the rail system but they sit 4-5 inches out and are not sturdy. Rocky mountain sells a nicer and sturdier unit for $35.00. JBL audio rocks.

Home-link. Scion has it...they think Tacoma owners have no garages...Ipod jack, MP3 capability, sunroof, tailgate lock.