Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

TO GET IT PERFECT
By Bob

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At the time this little beauty was unmatched in the market place. Probably still is. However, to make it perfect, for guys who are not small, the seat could be larger for better leg support, the noise level, was really noticable from my Sport Trac and the suspension bottoms out way to often over large bumps that can occur on our nations rail track crossings.

look, gas mileage, power/responsiveness.

Improve cabin noise and suspension and for pete sake, make a cup holder that works when you want to take your favorite coffee cup from home with you.

Don't be fooled
By Dan

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My father always said, never buy the first year of a new model or redesigned model and I didn't listen to him. This truck has had so many problems I can't even count them. It has been in the shop repeatedly since day one. To this day, I still can't get anyone to admit that the exhaust sounds like it has a leak. I thought I was buying quality, but I was fooled. Don't be. Buy a 2007 or later. By all they have learned about mine, those next years should be great!

Fix the ticking exhaust. Change the cloth seat to less snag resistent material.

An Awesome Truck
By Christopher Lukasz

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best truck I ever owned, I have about 15000 miles on it now and its still feels like it brand new. Only problem that I had was the rear springs were making noise but all they need was a little grease and now they're good as new. I highly recomend this truck to anybody, I think it's the best truck out there right now.

The looks, the storage space in the cabin, the power.

none

Tacoma is a Winner
By DollarbillTX

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

What's not to like about the newest generation of Tacoma . I love my CC 05' ! Plenty of room ,easy exit level,great interior and quiet. Plenty of power from the v6 and you can smoke lots of other trucks and cars with the power to weight ratios ,can be very quick for a truck. After driving Ford F150's and Rangers -I am totally sold on this truck ,to me it is the perfect size (no longbed with the CC style-please!) I would highly reccommend this truck -it deserves the sales numbers it is getting .

Engine is tight and powerful .Right size in and out .Great looks ,makes the Ridgeline look like the ugly step sister ! Nice and fun to drive too.

Door handles on interior are same color as dark door panel ,hard to find at night .Shock rubbers can bottom out with some bumps and a few people in it ,not too seriously though . A/c fan a little noisy .

2005 Taco
By aj44mc

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is amazing. After having a 92 toyota pick-up and trading it in for a car, i really missed the feeling of a truck. This truck is everything I missed and more than I could have hoped for.

Increase in power is pleasantly suprising.

Using proprietary stereo speakers make it hard to customize.