Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 357 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

05 Taco DC-LB 4x4
By 05taco

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two simple words: Phenomenal truck! This is the second Tacoma I've owned since 97. This truck has been 100% reliable in the MN winters. 25 below or 12 inches of snow will not slow this truck down. I've owned other trucks that were cheaper in price, but with the Tacoma you get what you pay for. Compared to other mid-size (or full-size) trucks, its a great value. 100K miles and just broken in!

4x4, 6 ft bed, seats 5, 19 mpg avg.

None!

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By edmundsreviewer

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I picked this truck up early 2006, and it has been a pleasure to drive. I just had to perform my first non- routine maintenance on the truck (front brake job)@ 80K. These brakes lasted 20K longer than any other vehicle I've owned. I use this car for everything including , commuting, hauling, towing, and driving the beaches of the OBX. The truck still drives like the day I got her, without any squeaks or rattles. I'm getting the itch to buy a new car (lexus ES350 or Corvette), but my Tacoma is not going anywhere. The car is too reliable and versatile to ever think of letting it go. I have no doubt this car will go over 200K with little more than oil changes.

Reliability!!!, 4X4, Engine Power, Has a smooth ride and is quiet for a truck.

Truck needs to have an option for a Sunroof.

You had me at Taco...
By Renquest

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked up my Tacoma yesterday morning. I bought it with 42k miles/1-owner for $21k. It is a blast to drive! This thing climbs hills. In 6th gear @ 50 mph. There is enough power throughout the power band. Shifting is smooth once you get use to the clutch which feels as light as a car's clutch. If you are looking to fill a semi-sports car void without loosing the utility of a truck and have room for the family, test drive a Tacoma. The reliability of a Toyota is undeniable. I plan on taking this truck to 220k.

The exterior styling and the 6-speed manual transmission. I know any DCT will shift faster than I ever will. But with a manual transmission, you feel connected to the vehicle, IMHO.

Only one, a small one. The sounds systems is not the best. If you like the clarity of hearing the 'chick' from the hi-hat in your sound system, this stereo will disappoint you.

Needs new design
By jj

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The temp and compass above dashboard needs designed so you can read it in the daylight! Stock radio and cd player are junk, dealer quoted $700.00 to replace! Truck has great exterior design and looks great though!

Best truck I've ever had
By martin

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in December 04. It is fun to offroad in, gives me about 18 mpg. This is a way better truck than any Chevy Dodge or Ford. I've only had 1 problem with it and it was the transmission. The transmission went bad because of bad driving habits. The Toyota dealer replaced it for free and gave me a free rental until it was complete. I tow a trailer full of dirt bikes up the mountains with no problem.

the 4x4 power outlet in the bed the bedliner