Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Truck of the year
By Superman_54

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is awesome. I get so many compliments of the truck and the color I chose which is speedway blue. It stands out in a crowd of all types of vehicles and it has the power to pass all of them. Gas mileage is pretty bad though. It handles quite well off road with its TRD suspension and fairly high stock ground clearance. It beats all of its competition in most categories. and its a Toyota.

Truck bed, torque and hp, trd suspension when off roading, styling. Passing power is wonderful.

Need a sun roof, tailgate lock, better gas mileage, rear sliding window like the tundra and better jump seats in the access cab. Not very comfortable when riding in the back for a long trip.

Best truck ever
By LunarEclipseGSX

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven dozens of vehicles from sports cars to turbo-diesel heavy duty trucks, and this Tacoma is the best of both worlds. Not only can I haul (literally) a ton of material, but I can easily tow another fully laden Tacoma. The interior is simple, yet sophisticated, and it simply looks better than any other truck on the road. It's not the best on gas mileage, but I'm only noticing cuz my previous vehicle was a 1.6L Sentra. This is a great overall vehicle and I highly recommend it, unless you're on a tight fuel budget.

Interior design, suicide doors, polycarbonate bed, beefed up 4.0L engine, overall look and feel.

Brighter radio display, and prgrammable garage door opener buttons built in.

The Perfect Truck
By Gozz

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The V6 6spd manual has fulfilled every expectation I had excluding the lack of floor tie downs at the front of the bed. I have been getting 19-20 mpg, which is fantastic considering my last vehicle was a 1500 Dodge Ram that averaged 12-13 mpg. The truck has a great ride and plenty of power when you ask for it. If you are looking for a great truck, and considering a Tacoma, you are looking in the right direction!

Overall build quality is fantastic!

Front cargo bed tie-downs.

I love this thing
By bodie61lb

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The truck is great. Excellent interior and comfort. The look of the truck is awesome. I have people come up to me all the time and ask me what kind of truck it is. Now I'm just waiting on the supercharger to come out.

The overall look of the truck. The performance is great. Powerful engine and great transmission. I like the 6 disc changer also. Is also very comfortable.

4 wheel disc brakes all around, could really benefit from having the 4 piston fronts like the 4x4 has. Gas mileage could be better, but I have a Corolla so that doesn't bother me too bad.

best vehicle ever bought
By rolo

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since i saw this truck at the dealership i fell in love with it. It's got anawesome design, it's fast and it handles great in corners. By far a very good purchase