Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Versatile Vehicle
By NY Blue

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great package incorporating two real areas for seating adults and a bed that is usable for most of my homeowner duties. My wife loves the driving height, seat position and comfort. At 6'4" it is very comfortable for me even in the rear seat. The upgraded radio sounds incredible. Gas mileage for a truck, 22 MPG on hwy and 19 MPG around town is more than I expected. With only 1200 miles I am told it will get better but I am not counting on it. Unlike some other reviewers I did read the manual and you can change the keyless entry to give a chirp when activating the alarm.

Comfort, overall size, gas mileage and general visability. Turning radius is also much better than my old Tundra.

Bridgestone Dueler Ht's are not a good choice. I will change these out when they are worn. Engine has a slight noise which I am hoping will quiet in time. Brakes have more travel and pressure resulting in overall poor fedback. The brakes stop well but the items above are a nuisance.

Toyota at its best!!!
By Maz13

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

PreRunner 4dr Access Cab TRD Off Road, love the height of the vehicle. Great clearance, cabin space, wheels, engine. It seems like it's a vehicle that will last for a very long time. Moved up from a GMC 98'Jimmy and feel very happy with the change. My wife loves this new truck. I can't wait to accessorize it with all the toys for the bed and the cabin. It's a little bumpy though for the streets in Puerto Rico, although I think all pickups are (first pick-up). Got around 18mpg on my first tank, we'll see how it goes on.

Engine power, awesome transmission(you don't even feel it). Clearance. Factory installed fog light, mud wheels, bed 110V outlet. Good A/C and spacious cab. Simply the Look with Off Road Package but saving the weight fromt the 4x4.!!!

Sunroof. Standard radio lacks power. MP3 needed! miss it. Lockable trunk. Electronic rear window. Bed light. Use a different color for the inside instruments(blue or white) the orange seems regular. The MOST important improvement needed, WIDER Seats..the first time I felt like my back was compressed

Awesome mid-size design!
By wind_dog

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The larger mid-sized truck is the design compromise I’ve been waiting for. It gets far better mileage than a full-size and it’s definitely easier to park in the ever-shrinking spaces. It’s a comfortable ride with power to spare driving around town and it has the beef to pull a trailer up the mountains. I’ve added a new fiberglass topper and now I get 19/22 plus mpg. The TRD package provides remarkable factory off-road performance with locking differential, skid plates, ample ground clearance, and suspension. The on-board generator, composite bed, and yes - the cup holders are the attention to detail I expect from a well-built truck. The styling and dark blue color turn heads everywhere I go!

Plenty of power AND reasonable gas mileage. Awesome handling and composite bed.

More interior color options.

Great Truck!
By A Campbell

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this vehicle, my fourth. Really enjoy driving it, although the steering wheel seems a little low. Need to be able to adjust more.The leg room could also be a little more roomier as the brake pedal is kind of close to the gas. Guess I'll get use to it since I traded my 2003 in!

Love the Silver Mica color,the hood scoop really makes this truck a looker along with it's styling.Think it was a smart move on Toyota's engineers part to upgrade and put a 245 horse in it, although gas prices are through the roof.

Give up a little more space between the brake pedal and gas. Clearance height from floor to bottom of dash could be increased

My Toy
By Phillip

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great truck coming from a 1985 GMC Sierra. The gas mileage is great and it is a great truck to all over the place. I really love this truck

Sound system is great. The composite bed liner. And the access doors.

Please add the fog lights to all models