Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best Truck In Its Class. Buy It!!
By Paul

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this truck since Aug. 2005. I did months of research before I bought this truck. The research paid off. Being at the end of the summer season, I was able to get the exact one down to the color and options that I wanted. I got the accurate gas mileage by filling it up, run for about 150 miles and fill it up again, and devide the miles into the gallons. I got 17.5 city, and 22mpg on a trip. Performance is great. The 0-60 time is 7.5 sec. Fast for a 4000lb truck. The ride, comfort, and handling, I think is great. Try it

High performance V6 on premium fuel. Good gas mileage. Comfort, build quality, looks, reliability, towing capacity, composite bed liner, Just about everything.

Would like to have heated rear view mirrors, that aren't available yet.

Proud of it!
By Billy Bob

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my not-so-little red truck! Gas mileage is excellent! Never been under 24 for me, and sometimes is as high as 28. The 4 cyl has plenty of power as well. 4WD is easy to engage and provides extra pull in 4 low. The composite bed is an improvement. Plenty of space on the interior, even for me at 6'2" 230 lbs. This is a great buy for the price, assuming that it is as reliable as a Toyota should be.

Full size 16 inch wheels. Nice stereo with six speakers. Extra compartments all over provide plenty of storage. Oil filter is easy to change. No sliding rear window on my model!

I wish it had a cargo light for the bed. Right now, I don't know what to change.

BUY IT!!!!
By Ray

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is the Best. The ride, cornering, seats, design, what else can I say. If you want one, BUT IT!!!

The ride is very smooth and handles excellent.

The only thing that I think Toyota forgot was to allow the rear windows on the Access Cab to open.

My New 2005 Tacoma
By IQDHILLON2

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck Is as Tough as the original Tundra. It only gets better gas mileage. It also has a 245 horsepower Engine.It also Includes a 282 foots torque. One thing I love about my new Tacoma is its Deck Rail System, it makes carring lugage less of a hassel. To my opinion this truck rocks. It will give atleast 22miles to the gallon. Even the next tacoma will not be as appealing as this truck. I love it!

Deck Rail System 245 horsepower engine. Trd off road package. And Offroad cability.

Needs more room.(Ext.cab only) And no 5 passenger seating as previous Tacoma.

GREAT TRUCK
By chuck

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 2006 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4. This truck is awesome! The V-6 has plenty of power and the gas mileage on 1st tank was 19 MPG mostly city driven. I traded in a 2005 Acura TL and this truck rides smoother than the TL did. I have owned 6 chev Z71's and a 2004 Ford F150 and the Toyota is my favorite.