Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Taco love
By Todd

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I love my toyota to death however when you have to move you gotta learn to let them go. I think its an excellent truck however they have started lacking on things recently such as metal durability...they dent so easy now. It doesn't bother me that much but i could sure use some better gas mileage, but i know thats a lot to do with me cause i can't keep off the pedal its just to much fun.

My favorite things are its looks and how much potential for off roading it contains

more dent proof, less rattles inside, perhaps comfier seats

Best Value Ever
By Perry Hammmons

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is the best of the 3 Toyota pickups I've owned since 1987. Checking the Kelly Blue Book and Nada a year after purchase I found it has INCREASED in value. I paid $19,888 for it and with $15,500 miles on it retail book is $22,000 Wholesale is just a few hundred dollars less than the purchase price.

The 2.7 4 cyl with an automatic trans mission will pull a 19 ft Jet Boat at highway speeds and get 14.5 mpg.

Larger rear seat area, the clock needs to be relocated.

Great truck!
By Rob

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a pickup that handled like a car and comparable gas milage, the Tacoma fits the bill. Pleasantly surprised to find a/c, stereo and cruise all on this trim level (SR5). Rear-end skip takes some getting used to, but otherwise handles well. Highway milage greatly improves with tailgate down (or off).

Extra power port, stereo, cruise control.

I like what I've seen/read about the composite bed in the 2005.

Nice Truck
By blippo

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I picked the 2004 over the 2005 model because of the styling inside and out. I have an automatic model with the 6 cylinder motor and it gives plenty of power. The 4 cylinder model that I drove was not enough power for me. I get 23 mpg on highway and 19 city which I am very satisfied with. This truck is fun to drive. You can manuver in and out of tight places. Just the right size for me.

Exterior styling. Powerful 6 cylinder motor. Good gas mileage. Ground clearance. Interior design.

More options for interior features like sunroof, automatic dimming mirror, power seats, things like that. More powerful stereo. Door latch to open the extended door. And of course better placement of the clock.

Best Truck on the Market!!!! I LOVE IT!
By JacksonDean05

2004 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first NEW vehicle I have ever bought. I've now put 5,000 miles on my truck without a single problem. No sqeaks, rattles or anything. I think the gas mileage is great for a truck. Try to find an extended cab 4x4 truck now adays that gets 20 mpg in the city!! Fit and finish is top quality. I love the compact size and I'm 6'4". I think there is plenty of room. Lots of storage area in the cab believe it or not. The reason I got this truck was because of the cult following they seem to have with them. Now I know why. I don't know about the new redesigned 05's but I am sure they will be just great. Great Truck off road it will handle anything you can through at it.

Locking rear diff., Ride quality (Don't believe the others. It's a truck.), Gas Milage, on-line community behind these trucks, Fit and finish, and last but not least QUALITY!!!!!!

Like everyone else clock placement. Other than that nothing!! I went from an Audi A6 to this and will never buy anything but a Toyota again. I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!