Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Toyota trucks can't be beat
By Uncle Dan

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my beloved '88 Toyota extended cab truck to buy this one. That was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and I hope the Tacoma holds up as well. After 11,000 miles, no problems at all. This is a well designed and laid out small truck. I purchased it through Edmunds internet referral service and it was simple. I entered the options I wanted and the next day I got a call from North Hollywood Toyota. They had the exact vehicle I wanted in stock and quoted a price that was 10% under sticker. I may have saved more with a lot of calls, but it wasn't worth it. I told em I'd be out to pick it up and I was in and out of the dealer in less than an hour. Simple.

Toyota quality is unparalled. Good looking. Rear seat is surprisingly comfortable. Bed, although small, is adequate for most weekend projects. Too bad Toyota no longer makes a truck this size.

Needs a little more front leg room. Power with the V-6 is surprisngly only adequate. Move the clock or get rid of it. Don't require the automatic and Pre-Runner package. Some of us prefer manual transmissions in a truck and don't need the raised suspension.

Worth Every Penney
By dbatten

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I've owned my Tacoma for almost a year now and it's time to review it. I had wanted one for about two years and when I found out they were changing the style for the '05 I went in and bought an '04. I'll let Toyota work the bugs out of the new design before I give it a try. Toyota is good, but not perfect and the '04 is basically the same truck they have been building for 9 years. They've had lots of time to get it right. So, what did I get for my money? I got a vehicle that I can take my wife and 3 kids in to get groceries or I can take a few buddies and enough gear to go camping for a week. It's smaller size and high ground clearance allow me to go places where others can't.

The overall driving experience is great and the fit and finish excellent. I am always amazed where this vehicle will go. I was worried that the back seats wouldn't be good for adults but once you get in through the small rear doors, it's fine. The bed is big enough for what I need.

I would have liked better gas mileage but this truck is almost 10 inches off the ground which must create a lot of drag. The clock position doesn't really bother me that much. The cruise control in most Toyotas I've been in are useless in hilly areas. It kicks down too fast. I don't use it.

tacoma
By jim

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Interior noise @ fuel economy would be the only negatives. Average 17 winter 19 summer. Was rated at 19 so I knew this going in.

Dependablity is only reason I purchased this truck.

Interior noise

great truck
By patz

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have only put 900 miles on in the first 5 months, put away for winter, love it so far, hopefully gas mileage gets better with more miles, 14.5 in the city,

looks of truck, quality

better fuel mileage

Ajax
By a. Jones

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Truck is high quality built and
designed. Runs well with good responsive
engine and smooth ride. All acessories
are of good design, with exception of
the clock placement. Solid construction
with dependability throughout

power steering, windows and remote keyless entry along with heater and air conditioning are of excellent design and function.

Clock needs better location to be viewed from driver's seat.