Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

You'll love this truck
By Dennis

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

You'll love this truck! I had always wanted a tacoma and this truck exceeded my expectations. I've used it for hauling loads to the dump and hauling feed with no problem. Clean it up and it's perfect for cruising around town. "The chicks dig it!"

Four wheel drive. If you have the choice, get the 4x4, you will not be sorry!

The one problem with the 2003 Tacoma is the clock on the center console is too far to the driver's side. I often have to lean to the right to see the clock because the steering wheel blocks the view of the clock.

My 2 cents
By 4x4

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just trying to help all that are looking into purchasing a Tacoma. This truck is good over all, yes it does have its minor flaws in the design and seems to have common problems with all us owners. It works good for me since I am single and do quite a bit of hauling and driving. The gas mileage is good on highways but poor in town, the rattles that everyone is having, I too have up around the dash. The outside noise comes from the way the wind wraps around the side of the cab and not the rear wall. I still love this truck because it is reliable and is worth almost what I paid for it. One thing I hate is when I am braking and hit a bump, the anti-lock kicks in and causes me to slide a bit.

4x4, good traction, easy to use (nothing is hidden) and is an all around good truck. Extremely bright headlights.

Since the truck has been redesigned, theres not much point in elaborating on improvements, however the clock location is bad on this truck.

It's a good truck
By the tacoma

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

it's a good solid reliable truck all the way around.

The dash, body and engine

Side air bags and knee air bags.

Great Truck
By yurets

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love my truck. Looks good and drives great. Hauls trailers and whatever else needed.

Excellent Driving

Improve HP and mileage

Originally a Chevy guy
By aspry

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Never thought I'd buy anything "foreign" but I'm glad I did. This is one great truck and can actually be used like one.

The truck has a four wheel drive shift lever instead of a cheap push button deal. (Sorry Chevy)

Gee I really can't think of anything I'm not satisfied with. Just a great truck.