Used 2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Super Truck
By Racin Rus

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have own this truck for 4 years now and still love it. The sporty lines are awesome and the drivability is great and has plenty of ponies to get around people when I need to go. Handling is the best feature on this truck. I would reccommend this truck to anyone looking for a fun to drive small truck. Only draw-back is I am 6'4" and could use more headroom, but tilt the seat back a little and I make it work.

Fun to drive

More Headroom

Great truck
By kevin

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my double cab tacoma new in June of 2001. It has never been in the shop for a repair. Currently have 85000 miles on it. The seats feel a little flatter than they used to, but other than that, I love it.

versatility, will go through anything

seats, clock placement, 4wheel drive lever placement. Maybe a front locker option to go with the rear locker?

Best truck to date for ownership
By Southerngator

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Fun truck to drive, great gas mileage for the horse power to weight ratio w/ the 2.7 four cylinder engine. Wife would love to steal it from me if she had the chance! Best investment for the reliability & quality, only had to change out the org. set tires w/ normal maintenance. I purchased the truck second hand from the local dealer, (after searching the web), got a great deal! Third door would have been nice addition, missing fm my model, but I still would recommend it!

The off-road suspension and handling makes the every day drive enjoyable.

Third door & move the clock.

Can't buy a better truck
By Mark

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

One solid reliable truck. I had an '89 2dr toyota truck with 180K and only changed a fuel pump. When I upgraded to the 2001 I couldn't be happier. I could use a little more leg room. I've take it out in some heavy snows and tried to get it stuck, can't do it!

fun to drive

more leg room, tighten up the suspension a hair

S-runner 2001
By Switchblade Sue

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck only a week. I LOVE it! Great power even without the supercharger and i have gotten many compliments on it already. I find the hand brake to be very dated and the interior design to be very basic but even with these downfalls, i find it to be a great truck!

over-all exterior look of the truck!

updated interior, foot parking brake, third door