Used 2000 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Got a LEMON??
By Curtis

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma with 54,000 miles ended up paying 14,000 dollars then later multiple misfires and low compression ratio. So I talked to someone who has the same year make and model. The same thing happened to him, multiple misfires and low compression ratio and it was bought from the same dealership. I am waiting two weeks so far, for them to call me back.

100,000 mile guarantee.

Best compact truck ever
By dannybayless

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned several compact trucks and this is by far the best all around. The 2.7 pulls the rather heavy truck very well even with the 33" tires on 18" heavy rims I've put on. The motor has potential to have much more power with a few minor adjustments, which I have done and am very pleased with. This truck has done all that's been requested of it while getting competitive gas mileage (19-23). I've pulled over 10,000 pounds long distances over rugged terrain with ease, climbed the Smokey mountains, and taken 1000 mile trips with only the extremely uncomfortable interior to complain about. Other than uncomfortable ride, it beat expectations by far. I look forward to the next generation.

rugged look, peppy engine, turning radius, ground clearance

durable but light duty drive train, uncomfortable and small interior, rough ride, bumper is falling off every one I've ever seen, locking hubs

Pound for Pound; Best Truck in the World
By AlexJV

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought it as a Certified Vehicle with about 46K miles on it. The Certified Power Train warranty and Roadside Assistance Program for 7Yrs/100,000 was an influential factor. The ability to purchase a Matching Extended Service Plan for less than on a new one was the clincher. Only problems were the Bushings in the Rack, and Clutch Master Cylinder; both covered by the Extended Service Plan. New front brakes about 9 months ago. Haven't changed the rear brakes or shocks, and I take it Off-Road! This truck is just about Bullet-Proof and I will likely drive it to 400K+!

Strong, solid truck with great off-road capabilities and on road manners.

All of my suggestions have been taken care of with the redesign. Road noise, interior trim rattles, and a little more comfort.

190K and still running great
By clloyd

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup used and have put 160K on it. I've replaced the U joints- the only thing ever done over routine maintenance. I live in the country, lots of hauling and dirt roads. I love this truck and will never be without a Toyota!

It is a Toyota, all you need to know
By BobWegotababyitsaboy

2000 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It took me over 6 months to find my truck. I think it was the manual transmission that made it hard. It is MUCH more comfortable than a Silverado, especially the new body style. It has 5 less HP than the 4.3L V6 in the Silverado and S10. I haven't had any real problems. The gas mileage could be better, but I have a lead foot, so I can't complain. I didn't buy the truck for rear seat comfort, I rarely sit back there. It would have been nice to have more than 4 places to strap stuff down in the bed. I bought the Toyota name, and I will do it again.

I have almost all of the options, I have an aftermarket bedliner, tool box, trailer hitch, and cd player.

It is a pain to remove the oil filter, but I have changed worse. Noises in the cab. Why an optional clock? The cup holders are weird. Power mirrors. Locking glovebox. Locking jack and tool compartments, it is big enough to put valuables in. Sliding sunshade for the moonroof, so it doesn't get lost.