Used 1999 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Small Truck + Lots of Fun
By Michael02pb

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB

I will admit its not something to buy if you are going to be towing heavy payloads, however if you are needing a truck to move large objects and still want to drive it to work everyday I would highly recommend the Toyota Tacoma. It is very friendly to work on and drive. The design is so well thought out that I have never had a problem with someone being in my blind spot without me knowing. Its a big plus for me because it gets good gas mileage and it can handle what ever I give it.

It handles like a car (sedan), you don't have to over compensate for its bed.

The only couple things I don't like is that the mirror frames move, and since I park in a parking garage people will accidently hit my mirrors causing them to be off. And you can not adjust the seats to move apart.

taco review
By luke ferricher

1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I like the ride quality and the reliability, but the seats are horrible! If you buy this truck and plan on going on those long trips then I recommend that you purchase some new seats. "back pain, big time!" all of the other tacoma owners that i know say the same thing

A Good on gas 2.7 ltr engin.

BEST LOOKING TRUCK PERIOD!!
By Lt. Duke

1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great looking truck. Reliability is self proven. V-6 has good power. Quality is unmatched. I have had several other trucks, but this is the overall best truck I have had. Not the most comfortable truck, not a lot of fancy buttons, simple yet refined.

LOOKS and reliability....

better seats, smoother ride.

Excellent Truck - Buy one
By kkser

1999 Toyota Tacoma V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

4x4 x cab v-6 5spd - 20.5 overall gas mileage, good power, excellent capability off road. I have pulled 5500 lb trailer short distance with no problem or strain but I highly recommend a draw tight, no bumper pull. Interior is adequate for a 99 but I really like the 05s. Have not had one problem other than waterpump outage at 74000 miles - routine maintenance is all

Exterior styling, overall capabilities (on and off road), cab is large enough for me (no kids), excellent a/c (Tx resident)

Quieter interior from wind noise and engine noise at higher rpm, serpentine belt, whiny transmission in 1st and 2nd,

Awesome Truck
By Skymaster0017

1999 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a great reliable truck.
Great for everything you would need a
truck for. It never has complained
about anything as far as hauling or
pulling. Impressive 4 cyl. eng. Plenty
of torq!

Tough looks.

Better interior placement of objects. clock is a bit cheesy and in a hard place to see when you are driving.