Used 1998 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota T100

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned
By Ron G

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it used 8 years ago, and I've driven it like I stole it ever since. Currently has 196,000 on the clock and I can list the repairs on one hand: new ignition lock cylinder at 120k, new ignition coil and wires at 190k. Less than $600 in repairs. I get about 21 mpg on my daily commute, running it like a scalded dog. The rep on these is golden. I've had several offers to buy mine from complete strangers. This one has made me a loyal Toyota customer for life, if not longer.

Legendary reliability, perfectly sized truck, strong V6, storage bins under rear seat, designed to be easy to maintain.

Nothing major; very few things about this truck irk me. More than one 12vdc outlet would be nice. Hood flexes at highway speeds, alarming passengers.

Tuff T100
By 1998 TOY T100

1998 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this vehicle new. Replaced timing chain, water pump, at 100000 as a maintenance measure. This truck was built tough and dependable. If you are looking for a 98 and able to find one, buy it. You won't regret it.

5 speed manual, V6 engine and of course the 4WD.

Great Truck
By Chris

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The T-100 is an overall great truck. I have no complaints. Never had anything go wrong at all. Oil changes and tire rotations are all you really need to do. Very smooth ride, quiet engine, stylish look. The acceleration off the go could be a little better, which is the case with the 4Runner as well. My only gripe is that the interior is bland, which is the case with most Toyotas. Due to the fact that gas is now $5 per gallon, I'm selling the T-100 to purchase a Camry. I have to say that I am so damn upset about this. The T-100 gets good gas mileage for a truck, but not as good as a commuter car. Gotta do it.

Everything. Best used truck you can buy. Better than the Tacoma and the Tundra. I've driven all three and this one takes the cake.

Sharper interior for all Toyotas. Such great vehicles need a great interior to match.

This is a great vehicle
By steve

1998 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my T100 from an indivdual who obviously took really good care of this truck. My truck now has 256,000+ mile and it still runs like new. The 6 cylinder engine is very strong, transmission is smooth and a really quiet ride. It's the perfect size truck for me. I have towed boats, trailers, and even other vehicles with my truck. It has never let me down. I am very pleased with my T100.

Roomy interior, plenty of cargo space, strong towing ability, good looks.

Can't think of any.

My supercharged truck
By Masloff

1998 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

The driving on this vehicle is awesome. Quiet, comfortable, reliable, rides like a car.

The engine is strong for a V-6. Plus, you can add a supercharger which reaches almost 300 hp.The bed is over 6 ft. long for the short bed which has enough room for everything.

The interior is roomy has plenty of space. Need new design for the interior.