Used 1997 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

Bought at 10 years old
By Bigdog

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Came to me with 144,000 miles on it. Drives great on the highway, straight and true and smooth. Takes the bumps like a pickup, but then that's what it's called. Previously owned a '79 4WD Toyota, and this is like a Cadillac to me. Reasonable sized rear bed with the extra back seat for shopping and inside packages. 4WD sits as tall as all it's bigger brothers and sounds great! My wife drove it into the end of the garage and with a new bumper and headlight, it looks the same as before. Tough truck!

4WD, rear seat, interior cabin room well beyond the small size pickups. She does all the work around the house without taking up all the space in the garage. Very good sound system from the factory. Five speed is a party to drive.

More inside/larger storage compartments under/in the seats.

T100 It keeps running & running.
By Rick Obeid

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my T100 in Jan 1997 with the idea that I would use it to get back and forth to work and light hauling such as my 14ft. Alumnacraft boat. In almost 11 years of ownership it has never left me stranded. I've had two problems with the truck where the repair costs were over $150. The first was AC related and was covered by the standard warranty. The second repair was more of a wear issue, the valve cover gaskets needed replacing. The truck started leaking very small amounts of oil. All other repairs have been minor or routine maintenance. I'm selling the truck to a friend because he needs a reliable fuel efficient vehicle. Good luck finding one!

most excellent
By bobarooni

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

most excellent mid-size truck. I bought this truck used with 80000 miles on it and it now has 225000 mile on it and I hven't made a single repair to it and it still runs and looks great. although a v-8 would be nice. all around an awesome truck.

reliability

more power

Almost perfect
By bob

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this T100 for 8 years and have had not problems to speak of. I live in the mountains in Colorado with snow on the ground 6 months of the year. The 4 wheel drive works much better than the American work vehicles that I drive. It now has 225,000 miles on it and it runs and looks great. I would definitely buy another T100 if they offered at V8 version. My next truck will be a Tundra with a V8.

Reliability, looks and overall usefulness.

More horse power for towing and the passes.

VERY HAPPY
By Cesar Ruvalcaba

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

Given the regular maintenance, it works flawlessly. The only repair needed in 8 years has been the starter! I love it, VERY dependable, never broken down or even gotten close to it.