Used 2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Loving our living room on wheels.
By Kim

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2014 pre owned Toyota Sienna. I have only owned the Van for a month. So far I love how it drives and the space it gives our family. I have 3 kids under the age of 9. I love the blue tooth and how I can play music from my iPhone. Its been such a luxury after driving a 2005 Toyota Corolla for 13 years. I would have liked to buy newer and have all the updated luxuries. However, my budget would not allot for this. Hopefully the next time around. But I bought my kids portable DVD players for entertainment that work just as good. I live in a mountainous area. We get all kinds of weather, but winters can get bad with snow and ice. So I love that the Toyota Sienna is offered in AWD. It also offers leather seats. Something I did not have in my last car. So much easier to clean and take care of with kids. I definitely think that if you are looking for a van the Sienna is something I would check out. The only issues I see that other vans have is storage space under the seats. The Sienna offers recliner captains seats. Although this seems coolant first. I have mixed feelings about them. I feel that for kids they are great. But do not fit well if you are an adult with long legs. I would of rather of seen Toyota use that space for storage space under the seats instead. I also wish Toyota offered more USB ports through out the middle and back rows. Since that is where my kids use all there electronic devices on road trips and outings. This could be offered in newer models. But its something I think would be wonderful if it is not. Overall I love our mini van and have and will remain a loyal Toyota customer and owner.

Speedy van
By Greg Stelzner

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have loved this van, great get up and go, lots of space, and plows through snow without a problem.

Still the one - barely
By E V

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 4th minivan and we believe that many of the features have been steadily improving. However, there have been a few things that have not. The front seats are far less comfortable than a few years ago in the Sienna. The 2014 came with no GPS and a teeny backup camera screen - I added an aftermarket unit and it made all of the difference. The 2015 started to make the larger screen standard. Lastly, road and wind noise has been an issue - passenger side wind noise is fairly obnoxious. Overall the van is great and we hope the 2016+ models are improved.

Worst Mistake Ever
By Felix

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Buying this is the worst mistake ever.....so many problems, where do I start. My 2014 has 25k miles. When going downhill with slight braking the whole van shakes. The drivers door power window motor needed to be replaced due to a buzzing sound when being rolled up. (It took 2 dealer trips before I could get the dealer to put in a new motor, now it's fixed). The stereo controls on the steering wheel for the volume and channels work intermittently. Sometimes I can push them greater than 20 times in a row before they start working. The dealer refuses to do anything for this because they can't re-create the problem while it's there. The stereo (with Navigation) itself has the weakest reception I've ever seen in a car yet the dealer tells me they know of the problem but there is no fix for it. It's usually mostly static and you lose all reception when driving on the fwy and drive under an over crossing. The paint on the bumpers is really bad. Every time I get a yellow pollen spot on on the front bumper it STAINS it! Even cleaner wax doesn't take it off. The paint on the top of the rear bumper was just slightly rubbed when taking something out of the back of the van and it took the paint off down to the black! The climate controls AC/Fan blow out a weird smell every now and then and when running just the fan with no AC, there is a weird humidity that comes out of it. The car battery died (bad cells according to the dealer) at just one year old. The grey on the "leather" steering wheel is flaking off and starting to show black underneath (remember just 25k miles). I'm sure there is more but that's just off of the top of my head.

Sienna a bad deal
By Ken Turner

2014 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The VSC light comes on causing the cruise control to stop working. Dealer says $2,000 fix. Headlights went bad. $100 each except one will cost $1,300. According to dealer there's a computer for each headlight. Poor engineering. I had a 2001 sienna and loved it. This '04 is junk. Don't buy these cars.