Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Poor Engineering
By londo1

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Poor service, poor engineering = worthless car...We also had issues with unintended acceleration. Our car was in an accident as a result of this, yet Toyota claimed nothing was wrong with the car. We will never buy another Toyota product.

Stand behind your product. Improve manufacturing and engineering.

Happy With Sienna
By wardw

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is first Toyota ever.
I have always avoided them due to the rip-off junk and fees Southeast Toyota adds on to the stickers.
They still do it but are doing a little better job of hiding them.
At any rate, I bought it because of the large amount of space between the first and second row seats (due to the second row seats long travel).
While yes, some of the dash components are cheap, I can live with it.
They at least made an effort to make a minivan look different.
The engine is smooth and the new six speed trany works well.

We love the Bluetooth Phone feature. Their is lots of space to put stuff.

Improve upon some of the cheap plastics and people won't complain so much. But most important, find a good New York lawyer to find Toyota a way to get out of its contract with Southeast Toyota/Monroney.

2011 Sienna Disappointment
By rxgirl1210

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2011 Sienna. My 2nd Sienna (previous 2001) that I traded in for new one. What an all around disappointment.
It screams CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!! Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to this vehicle. The interior is especially lousy! Hard, cheap plastic everything! I'd give anything to have my beautiful, old one back. There are so many flaws and disappointments in this van, I wish I could bring it back to the dealer. The 2011 will NEVER go the distance like previous generations.

The color..........its black.

Where do I start? Give this van the classy, soft interior it had before. For goodness sakes, the wires from my rear view mirror are exposed and thats suppose to be ok? These new rearview mirrors are the pits too. When I open the front doors of the vehicle, I see styrofoam thats tucked in the front quarter panet (are you kidding Toyota?) Maybe a cover would have been nice. Whats with fabric in the wheel area??? I could go on for days. I've never cried after buying a car, but this time I did. I was so excited about getting a new one, that I overlooked this new package completely.

Another happy swagger family!
By queentot

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our family of five outgrew our 2006 Mazda5 (great car) and were we ready for a full-size minivan. We researched, test drove and compared all the top recommended, re-designed vans of 2011, and ultimately decided on the Sienna. We are all so happy with our new minivan! I like that the Sienna '11 is an IIHS top safety pick, and I preferred the exterior appearance to the other top safety pick van. I also really liked that I could get a lot of useful and important features (two rows of sunshades, iPod connectivity and XM) without having to get leather seats (ick, who thinks dead cow is luxury?!) Overall the Sienna was the perfect minivan package for our family - our swagger wagon rules!

sunshades in second *and* third row, seating flexibility, automatic sliding doors, iPhone connectivity and XM radio!

automatic tailgate on LE model - without having to get leather!

Great Trip Van
By wil12345

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Sienna 14 months ago and have driven it 19k miles.
We still have our 2001 Sienna with 135k miles on it and the new van has improved in every way.
Didn't like the van at first because of the ride, but replaced the run flats with normal tires and it now rides and drives like a luxury vehicle.
We get about 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the road.
So far, we are very pleased.

Love the space, all wheel drive, the ride and the rear entertainment system

Interior materials on the dash could be better, but this is a minor detail. Get rid of the run flats and have the vehicle come with a spare tire or a repair kit for normal tires.