Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

2011 Sienna XLE
By siennabragg

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving XLE for almost 2 years. Put on around 31K miles. Still on first set of tires, but looks like will need new ones within 10K.
Bought brand new in January 2011 in Newnan, GA. Pros: 3.5L engine, V6. Definately a way to go for these cars. Cons-a little slow response to the acceleration. A little bit cheap plastic interior, though easy to clean and no reflection from direct sun. Free 2-year dealer service is good, but nothing tremendous. Usually includes 2 oil changes, 3-5 tire rotations and cabin filter replacement.
Has a lot of trouble with sunroof. Rubber pieces are coming off the rails constantly, though dealership replaces them under warranty. Gas economy averages 20mpg. HWY 25mpg.

leather interior, adjustable heated seats, dual DVD in headrests, double glove box, space.

Interior (cheap plastic), 8-th seat base should be independent (too heavy because attached to the passenger seat). Color combination (such as black on black will be good to have)

Toyota Grossinger
By sawsanz

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not only is my car an amazing fit for my family and I, but it's performance is great as well. Also, when driving long distances with children it's great to be comfortable which we definitely are. I I am most grateful to the sale person at Toyota Grossing, Sargon C, without whom I wouldn't have been able to pick the best fit for us. He made my experience wonderful and easy. There were no complications and it was the best customer service I have received.

Buyer beware! Sienna tires don't last!
By geri6

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure to put money aside if you buy a Sienna!
At 13,000 miles I was told I needed new tires on the front. By 15,000 I definitely needed new tires!
Toyota shuffled me back and forth to corporate, Firestone, and back to the dealer.
At no point did Toyota ever take responsibility for anything!
Firestone was great, but Toyota was definitely lacking (and I had followed their maintenance regime to the letter!).
So, get a good deal if you plan to buy a Sienna because you will probably be getting a new set of tires within the first year!
Crazy!
P.S.
They also "corrected" the alignment--even though it is impossible to adjust the rear alignment without shims!
Seriously Toyota?

Toyota needs to take responsibility for their product! The tires themselves did not fail...the mechanics of the van caused them to wear poorly! You could have had a happy Toyota customer, but now I feel I have been put off, shuffled around, inconvenienced, and am out $400!! Get it together Toyota!

Toyota GPS - Do not purchase
By paulb9

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The installed Toyota GPS, while fun to use with it's large touch screen is DVD based, and the disk provided with my NEW Sienna was two years out of date... does not even have my street included (5 years old).
AND... Toyota wants a ridiculous $250 for an updated disk!
You can purchase a much better GPS, more features, and lifetime map updates for a little more than half that.
Just stick it to the face of the Toyota display...
Come on Toyota - get reasonable.
A NEW car should at least have a current verions disk... and be provided with updates during warranty.

We like our Toyotas (have several). Do NOT like the GPS.. limited functionality, very expensive, out of date, and update disks are VERY expensive.

Provide resonably priced GPS updates.. or free for new cars and under warranty.

Great Van For Real Men
By tdsd2

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna SE. It looks good, fun to drive, fast, comfortable. I've owned a lot of cars in my 69 years and this is one of the best.
I see a lot of people don't like the interior dash material. I like it very much. I think it has a rich feel to it. Not a fan of the design of the dash. It looks to feminan for me.
I went from a full size Chevy conversion van to this and I seem to have just as much room. Since the seats fold, I think I can get more stuff in this than my Chevy. Won't go into details but had problems with the Chevy was reason for changing.
Never been a fan of the Toyota logo so I changed all the emblems to Lexus. Some may not approve of this but I get a lot of looks.

Performance. My wife complains that it is too fast. It has the same 0-60 time as my 1967 Dodge R/T 440, 375 HP Muscle car did. Great handling. I'm a sports car fan and this handles very well. Fold down rear seats are easy to use. Really like the way it looks. Love the wheels on the SE

Make the dash a little more masculine, make the logo a little more masculine. No other suggestions.