Used 2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Finally Decided on a Van
By shawnandt

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Time to replace 6 year old Minivan for our family of 5.
Don't care what other people perceive as 'Cool or Not' so without question we were getting another M'van.
Comfort, convenience, Space and Efficiency all trump any stigma from others.
Waited until the new Sienna, Odyssey and the Quest came out to decide and needing an 8 pax for that occasion when one of our kids brings three friends along, the Quest was out.
Hours of websearch and extended Drives of each, we decided on the Sienna SE.
We loved our Odyssey, but can't get past the new exterior so we got the Sienna.
It looks/drives Sporty and loaded with options, Bluetooth, backup camera, moonroof etc; we're very, very satisfied.

Exterior Styling, Driving and Handling is incredible for a minivan. Interior HVAC and Audio Controls are fantastic. Bluetooth and Backup Camera!

8th Seat could be bigger, Memory Seats and mirrors on SE, 110v outlet on all models.

I love minvans
By Anonymous

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE due to it's awesome looks. Chose the color White. We live in snow county so I was concerned about the 19" low profile performance tires for traction in the snow. Much to my delight this is a tank in the snow even with these very sharp hi-tech tires. What a relief. Same traction as my 08 Odyssey which was quite good. Also had 4 Suburban vehicles prior and traction for the minivan is comparable. Minivans are quite, more room than Suburbans, handle much better, much easier in and out, much better gas mileage. Most guys I know love them but the wives still feel they don't want them yet. I hope this will change. Minivans are the greatest. What a way to Tour. SE is a WOW !!!

Handling. Room. Visibility. We installed a PS3 and Movie screen. Can watch Blurays and play Madden. Installed a JVC KW-NT3HDT Nav radio. Fantastic radio and real simple to run. Real sharp. Also installed remote starter. Middle seats slide way back when no one is in the third seat.

I have not had time to try the mini 8th seat. Jump seat I would say. Maybe it is going to be great. Can't say yet. The fact you can store it is great.

Swagger Wagon Rocks!
By GatorKeithB

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We avoided the 'minivan' like none other. But after going to the auto show we narrowed it down to either the Buick Enclave or the Sienna SE. This was as we wanted a car with three rows so as to be able to get back to the kids as well as take the grandparents. We test drove the Sienna SE 'Swagger Wagon' the day after the show, and ending up buying the day after. This is the first minivan that actually turned my head due to styling, and you just can't beat Toyo reliability vs unknown GM reliability (imo). So far, only having it for a week, we are really enjoying it. I love the styling in and out, rides great on the 19" low profile tires, and has tight steering and feel.

Bluetooth Streaming Audio. Styling (In and Out) The versatility of this thing

MPG of course. But it's in average range with cars of its size.

Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.

Automatic doors...I know, but my other van didn't have! The things you take for granted when you have! Love the 8th seat too, helpful when I have to take kids' friends with us. (Didn't really need DVD or Navi, as each kid has portable DVD and we have a Garmin so went with SE, see above.

I would have gone with XLE trim til I saw the light color options in it...4 kids= no way! Wanted leather seats, but had to compromise. Will add aftermarket leather seats later. Offer keyless start to SE. Hard trim on dash, uggh!, preferred my '98 dashboard.Really like the SE trim and sunroof.

Best Minivan in the human history so far
By Young

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought an SE 2 weeks ago. Drives better than my 2002 Odyssey. Acceleration is good. The appearance is just stunning. I got a pre-dawn Gray. It perfectly matches the black interior. I can't take my eyes of it. Sorry wife . My wife and I and our 4 kids all love it very much.

Too Many ! The driving dynamic is really good. I have drove 2 RX-7's, so I do know what handling is all about.

Needs the following items : Compass, Homelink, auto rear-quarter window