Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great so far.
By Signal30

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first mini van that we have purchased, however I have driven a Chevy Astro and the GMC version at work for years. The first thing I noticed was the amazing field of view I get while driving our van. A large front windshield and big side windows allows you to see everything. The V-6 has good pick up from a stop and decent gas mileage. The plastic dash and other parts of the interior are no worse than any other vehicle that is being made. I will say that the controls on the center dash look like of thrown together and it's takes a bit to get used to where everything is.

Interior room, turning radius, performance.

Streamline the dash controls.

First Time Minivan Owner
By dleininger

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the new 2011 Sienna Limited FWD in Blizzard Pearl, and WOW am I impressed so far. We're going to have 3 kids under 3 yrs old here shortly. This thing is truly loaded with every feature you could think of. The ride is so smooth, quiet and effortless, and I'm LOVING all the electronics for sure. The dealership had two identical Limited's in Blizzard Pearl, so we got FWD vs. AWD. I was surprised that only FWD has auto fold 3rd row seat (better mpg too). Have received multiple compliments from carpool riders. IMO the interior materials look nice, not cheap as others have said. Just pay a few extra $$ and get the limited with all the fun options. You won't regret it.

DVD player, front grill and stance, auto fold mirrors, blizzard pearl color, nav, information screen on dash, panoramic sunroof, smooth ride, silky smooth engine/transmission. Sliding Captain's Chairs, auto fold 3rd row seats, list goes on and on. Oh yeah and the kids LOVE the DVD player!

Can't think of any.

Good purchase overall
By lynn

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being someone young without kids, the thought of a minivan haunted me at night, but after outgrowing my sequoia and the poor mpg I looked at the new sienna. After shopping multiple dealers, ended up saving 4k off sticker price. It drives VERY nice! Drives like a car yet the room of a full size suv with way better mpg. So far around 21-22 mpg combined driving. Nice interior although sunroof is a joke, only opens about 1/3 of the way. Navigation was worth the $$. Still can't believe no auto-lights in a $38k vehicle. With a bad back, I was a little disappointed with seat comfort. The heated seats help though. Besides the minivan stigma, I'm happy with my purchase.

Auto door and tailgate. Great handling, pickup, and rides smooth. Navigation. JBL system. All windows are one touch auto "up".

Automatic headlights! Sunroof needs to open all the way. Armrest's could be larger and seats could be a more comfy.

2011 Sienna
By annestoy

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I miss the center console and nooks for garage door opener, etc. I also miss the coin holder and pockets on the backs of the 2 front seats from my 2007 Sienna. The looks of the interior are not that special either. I don't understand why they took out some of the better features and replaced them with nothing! I'm starting to miss my 2007 Sienna. The 2011 even seems smaller.

The paint color is really pretty. I got the Pre-Dawn gray mica.

The fabric for seating and even the carpet mats seem cheap and cheesy. They should be more plush and give us back the pockets and containers!! This is the first Toyota (and I've bought plenty of Toyotas) that has cheap looking interior features. For the first time with Toyota, I feel disappointed.

Disappointed with new 2011 Sienna
By Disappointed

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was a loyal Sienna LE owner since 2006 driving about 35,000 km a year. Previous model was well finished, good handling, and reliable van. That perception changed when I looked for replacement of the van with a new 2011 model after car accident. Obviously my first choice was same make and model. I visited local Toyota dealership and looked at all models of Sienna. I was surprised to find out that interior finish (even the top of the line models)looks so cheap with low quality hard plastics resembling domestic products. I was so turned off by the interior, that I even didn't care to take the van for a test drive. Will look now at new Honda or Nissan vans.

Exterior look, powerful engine, handling

Interior may be barely acceptable on base model, but not more upscale model. Cheap, hard plastics are a turn off for $40,000 vehicle.