Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Good Buy
By M. Viejo

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We decided to purchase the 2011 XLE instead of the new Odyssey strictly because of the exterior Design. Overall the van is a great buy with a a few minor needed improvements.

Exterior and interior design, blizzard pearl color, Navigation, Bluetooth is awesome, entertainment system is great, sound system.

Fuel Economy needs improvement (13.8 mpg in the city) Odyssey has a stronger engine but better fuel economy, Needs Auto Headlights, the second row middle seat is really a half seat.

Replaces first generation 98 Sienna XLE
By Leigh

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 4 kids. Started out thinking I would go with a Large SUV. Happened to see the new Sienna, looked at it and my 14 yo saying she had more room in the back seat..we started minivan shopping! I have a 98 Sienna XLE (kept it, couldn't give it up after 210,000 miles), so I knew the reliability was excellent. Bought 1 mo ago, We love it! Nice driving experience. love almost everything about it. Waited til the Honda Odyssey came out to buy, but Sienna won out (personally thought the Odyssey was ugly as in the back looks like a droopy backside!) and Honda not willing to come off MSRP the first months of release.

Automatic doors...I know, but my other van didn't have! The things you take for granted when you have! Love the 8th seat too, helpful when I have to take kids' friends with us. (Didn't really need DVD or Navi, as each kid has portable DVD and we have a Garmin so went with SE, see above.

I would have gone with XLE trim til I saw the light color options in it...4 kids= no way! Wanted leather seats, but had to compromise. Will add aftermarket leather seats later. Offer keyless start to SE. Hard trim on dash, uggh!, preferred my '98 dashboard.Really like the SE trim and sunroof.

Best Minivan in the human history so far
By Young

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought an SE 2 weeks ago. Drives better than my 2002 Odyssey. Acceleration is good. The appearance is just stunning. I got a pre-dawn Gray. It perfectly matches the black interior. I can't take my eyes of it. Sorry wife . My wife and I and our 4 kids all love it very much.

Too Many ! The driving dynamic is really good. I have drove 2 RX-7's, so I do know what handling is all about.

Needs the following items : Compass, Homelink, auto rear-quarter window

So far so good
By rick

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Really like the versatility of the Base Sienna. Removable seats and the folding 3-Row is a great feature. Runs great for a minivan. The 4 cyl engine (hard to get in the Los Angeles area) has enough pep to get us around town. Strangely, when I was looking into the jack compartment in the back of the van, it seems there was a big motor there which I think could only be for the sliding doors but this van does not have auto sliding doors. does this mean it can be upgraded?

big space and folding seats

plastic interior and poor quality carpet

sweet!
By james jet

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This the best mini-van out there period. This thing gets a lot of looks, it drives and handles like a car. It blows all others away! Just drive on you will see. Make sure you drive an se model.

looks and power, free xm for three months..

DVD option, HID head lights, bigger screen for back up camera..