Used 2010 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great family car
By HappyDad

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before my purchase and read about and compared (test-drove) the competition. None of the other mini-vans even compare. I love the ride, my wife feels confident driving it. My little girl loves seeing out the window. A big part of our decision was the reliability and safety reputation of Toyota. There are so many great convenience features, and this sits, rides, and is quiet like a luxury vehicle. We are thrilled with this van!

Windshield Wiper defroster (awesome feature for preventing ice build-up on the wipers), Heated Seats, Bluetooth hands-free, side window shades, Plush leather Captain's chairs, lots of cup holders, tri-zone heat/a/c, XM radio, JBL sound system, power sliding doors & power rear hatch.

Hand's free does not work with all phones, easily hooked up to my wife's phone but not to my Blackberry 8330.

Surprisingly good
By RCR

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is much better than I expected. I was hoping for a reliable utility vehicle, but it is that and much more. After 7000 miles, the car has been not only reliable but extremely comfortable and quiet; actually luxurious. Mileage has been much better than expected and much better than reported by many other reviewers. I have never checked the mileage on just highway driving or just city driving but I have never been below 25mpg combined, and usually closer to 27mpg.

Very quiet and smooth, good visibility, bottle storage in doors, excellent mileage.

Poor cupholders in front; nothing really fits. Rear cupholders are fine. Compartment for sunglasses too small for most sunglasses.

Navigation system defective by design
By fdbck

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna's navigation system has a "safety feature" which is not advertised anywhere, it appears to be the least talked about safety feature of any vehicle on the market. When the vehicle is moving, the navigation and phone hands free controls are locked out. They don't trust that passenger can safety change your destination with the vehicle moving. It was a waste of $2500. The voice recognition system is mostly useless, out of 10 times saying "home" it only correctly registered once. Does anyone actually like/want faux wood trim?

power sliding doors, power liftgate.

remove the navigation system lockout when the car is moving

Great Vehicle
By ss492

2010 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased this car last month and it is already my favorite car. The space is amazing, the power sliding doors are great, and the drive is far better than I could have imagined.

power sliding doors.

Gas mileage

Very pleased
By Lloyd

2010 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2008 Saturn Vue AWD for this 2010 8 passenger Sienna. We are very pleased. Have already put 2000 miles on it the first month. It has more HP than the Saturn and gets better MPG. We have gotten as high as 24 to 25 MPG a couple of times. Very roomy and comfortable ride. We can put our grandson in his booster seat in the middle seat in the second row. He has plenty of leg room and can recline just his seat for naps.

Like the power sliding doors. We needed an 8 passenger van for church, and this fits our needs nicely. Has plenty of room between front and middle seats. Lots of storage room behind the third row seats for shopping trips.

Would be nice if it had an underhood light. Also would like interior lights under the dash to light the floor for driver and passenger.