Used 2010 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Blind spots
By Valerie

2010 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sorely regret trading in my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport for this car. The visibility in the caravan was excellent. The Toyota Sienna has a large blind spot on the left. I have had more close calls in this car than I did in 10 years in the Caravan. Also, the trim between the windshield and the right window is wide and creates another blind spot. A third blind spot is created when it is snowing and the windshield wipers do not clear the far sides of the windshield. It is also difficult to see out of the rear window. I regret not having the Caravan accessed by a garage before trading it in. It was a mistake for me to lose the Caravan for this car. I feel unsafe.

It has good horsepower.

Fix the blind spots.

Gas Pedal Sticks on 2010 Sienna
By KJM

2010 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was shocked when the gas pedal stuck twice on my new 2010 Sienna XLE minivan. All I could think of was to turn the minivan all since pressing on the break pedal did not stop the minivan. Toyota of Knoxville blamed the floor mats. The gas pedal stuck again after they removed the floor mats. I got rid of this mini van in February and purchased an X5 BMW. Now that is a real amazing vehicle.

Lexus in disguise
By EDDY

2010 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did a lot of research.Toss up between Sienna & Odyssey. I am disabled and need a AWD vehicle that can accommodate my scooter and me. I have a wooden right leg and need room to bend the leg to hit the gas. Dash board is high enough with no interference. AC outlet lets me charge scooter. The color is Silver Pine Mica with a Taupe Interior. It looks like a Lexus inside with the wood grain on the steering wheel, dash, and arm rests. Folding mirrors are the best thing they ever did.Should be standard on all vans. I have every option on this van except Lasser Cruise, HID Headlights, Spoiler & Satellite Radio. I wish it had the HID Headlights Standard with the Limited Pkg.

Big comfortable seats.Smooth ride. Gas mileage better than read-out. Well thought out interior. Easy entrance & exit. Gas mileage could be improved but it is a van not a car. I added hood and window guards. Love side window able to go down. AC outlets.Sun shades.Windshield & Mirror Heaters.

Brakes don't feel solid a little squishy. Have to get used to them. Ride floats at times. It sometimes feels like the instant just before you go into a skid with a normal car even on dry pavement. A little scary. Phone book could be easier to transfer numbers into from your phone.Nav shd be changeable.

Toyota's New Policy: Clunker for Cash
By Toyota Victim

2010 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new Sienna. My wife drove the car with my mother in the passenger seat when we left the dealership. After half an hour, when my wife turned the heater on, the engine started making loud thumping sounds. My mother noticed a glow in the hood. A considerable amount of thick dark smoke started rising from the hood. My wife stopped the car immediately and turned the engine off. Thinking that the engine was about to explode, they leaped out of the car and ran away to a safe distance. The car kept emitting smoke for 30 minutes. Toyota could not diagnose the reason for the problem. Still, it insists that I take this dangerous car back.

Run flat tires
By oscar3cat

2010 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy any Toyota with run flat tires. You do not get a spare tire you get a harsh ride and short tire life there is no place to put a spare tire. Replacement run flat tires are very expensive !

none

better tires better suspension !