Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great van for a growing family.
By Robert Cartland

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our third child soon and needed a larger vehicle. We chose the Sienna primarily because it is the only van to offer eight useful seats -- the 8th seat offered by the Odyssey is too small to be useful. We also like how the center seat can be moved forward for easy access to our expected baby. Add Toyota's powerful V6 (with a timing chain versus a belt) and better real life gas millage and the Sienna was for us. We have been enjoying our van, including a trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. It was great being able to bring along the kid's bikes by just putting them in the back of the van (no need for a bike rack). The van was a gift for my wife and so far she loves it!

We love the front-and-center 8th seat; this is great for an infant car seat. Also love the room, the ride quality and the STAR safety features.

Add a backup camera to all models - this should be required for all large vehicles. We added an after-market back-up camera and parking sensor system to out Sienna. I would also like to see an eight seat option in the upper trim lines.

08 Sienna Van
By van

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased my Sienna for about 8 months. It's a great van. It has a lot of power and is very comfortable to drive. It is roomy and its built quality is excellent. I get about 21 to 23.8 mpg for mixed driving. On freeway driving, I get about 25 to 26 mpg.

Powerful engine, quiet, fuel economy, roomy, comfortable ride, standard safety features.

stereo systems can be improved.

Great Van light on features
By Bob

2008 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the 2008 Sienna Limited. I traded in my 2001 Honda Odyssey after 2 transmissions! So I wanted to try Toyota and I love it. It is like riding in a luxury car, smooth ride, quiet engine, leather, wood trim, 360 watt stereo and plenty of room. It's new, but I'm only averaging 16 MPG on the highway, so hopefully it will break in and get better. One complaint that I have is when you pay over $33k for a limited you expect a DVD and navigation system, Honda gives you that for the same price as the Toyota! However I drove the new Honda and it was sluggish, and would never trust that brand again. I guess a good engine is better then a good DVD and navigation system!

Luxurious interior, smooth powerful engine, lots of cool gadgets, smooth ride, lots of space, great stereo.

Gas mileage is a problem, when you get the limited you should get the DVD and navigation system for free!

2nd Sienna
By mark

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second XLE and it just keeps getting better! The larger engine and higher HP does make a difference. Even the fuel consumption is better. Rides like a high end large full size car. Handling is very much unlike a mini van. The leather seats in the Honda were plusher looking, but in general the Sienna is a great family car. My daughter has an '06 that she totally loves. Toyota, you did it again. 4 stars.

Engine, more power. Power doors, nicer interior than LE. Ride and mpg.

Plusher looking leather seats and perhaps a little better material on the side panels.

Best auto
By lynda

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving a Toyota Sienna is like owning a Lexus. The seats are made for real people. The pick up is ok I wish it had a little more power. I do hwy and rural driving. I would buy another one.

I like the radio and cd systems they have very good sound.

The only thing I would request is a choice of engine sizes. A little more power at the start.