Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love my Van!
By Anita

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't even have any small kids. I have a son playing football 650 miles from home and have driven this van in all kinds of conditions. I haven't had a major problem at all in 40K miles. We got it so loaded up that my friend calls it a "living room on wheels". My dealer is a gem! I developed a little rattle and they took care of it 1-2-3 can gave me a loaner for the day. The car tailgates like a champ. The automatic tailgate is a great convenience when my arms are full. It's the most reliable car (my first Toyota) that I've ever had.

Lots of comfortable room. Love the auto everything - climate control, seat memory (my husband is 6'4" and I'm 5'2"), rear seat folding, etc. Leather seats have worn very well & still look new. SMOOTH highway driving is great on long trips. It has surprising acceleration when you need it.

It is quite annoying that you can't use the GPS at all when the car is moving. Since the airbag knows there's a passenger sitting in the front seat, why not the GPS? The van leans a little too much for me, but that's the nature of the beast.

Noisy Engine
By watsonk

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Sienna LE engine is very noisy in comparison to my 10 years old Plymouth Grand Voyager. I drove my friend's 2007 Sienna CE, the noise level is exactly the same as the LE: LOUD. The highway road noise is higher than expected.

6-disc CD player; keyless entry; garage door remote; exterior temperature indication and compass.

I own a 2008 Chev Impala LS. It shows tire pressure in each wheel (instead of 1 alarm). It has On-Star and XM radio (none). Keyless entry: 2nd press provides a louder sound and arm the car alarm (sound the same and too low). Keyless trunk release (manual release). Intuitive AC control (confusing).

Next time not Toyota
By No more Toyota fan

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not happy with this van. Shortly after new - right out of showroom - things started falling off. On cold days the engine sounds like it is going to blow - dealer says this in normal. Cheap plastic bumpers come loose and have to put back in place. Found nuts, clips etc on the floor. Drivers seat uncomfortable on long trips. No automatic head lights. This van is less than a year old and looks and sounds like it is 5. Cheaper than Kia, Honda and Nissan and now I know why! Will Toyota run and hide again when major issues like engine failure - or after class action lawsuit scares them will they "Voluntarilly" fix problems. I have never heard a new engine sound so bad at start up.

Price - before GM and Chrysler rebates became available.

More attention to details. More interest in consumer complaints instead of "we are Toyota" attitude. Customer follow up for something besides profit makers like service. Step back from yourself and take a look at eerily similar car company and where that company is now. Does GM ring any bells.

2008 Toyota Sienna LE Tire Wear Issue
By watsonk

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 19,100 miles, and with regular tire rotation, all four Dunlop tire wear are 4/32. There is something wrong with the tires! I avoided buying a AWD just to avoid premature wearing of tires (Consumers Report). It makes no difference!

Tires!

Best Minivan out there
By Holajn

2008 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I come from a family of minivan users. Of all, the Toyota Sienna is probably the best one we have driven yet. It was priced cheaper than common competitors like the Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest. The Sienna has outstanding power, it can get to 60 mph no problem (under 7 seconds to be exact!). Unfortunately, my family was involved in a severe accident in February 2009 with this minivan. We rolled over at 40 mph, thankfully nobody was injured. This car is incredibly safe. The stabilizer bars in the roof and doors kept the car very sturdy during the rollover.

The Safety, Horsepower, and spacious cabin. If you are looking to buy a minivan, get this one, it is most worth the money. Do not purchase a Honda Odyssey, Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country or Nissan Quest. The Toyota surpasses those competitors in every category.

Electronic Stability Control (Known as Vehicile Stability Control by Toyota) should be standard on all Sienna models. The transmission sometimes felt like it would slip as well.