Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Knock, Knock, Knocking on...
By CS

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We enjoy the styling and features of this van and it handling. The safety features were a big selling point as well: vehicle stability control, traction control and side curtain air bags. All the glory of the safety ratings and features fade away with the knocking we hear from the engine on cold start up during acceleration between 1500 and 2000rpm. This noisy diesel sound diminishes after the vehicle is completely warms. The dealer said there was nothing wrong with the engine just normal lifter noise to be expected with a vehicle of this mileage. EXCUSE ME!!! Well folks there you have it 47,000 miles is the new high mileage bench mark for Toyota.

Traction control, Vehicle stability control, stow-n-go style rear seat, 6 disc CD changer.

Don't make options like daytime running lights mysterious, it only takes a jumper or fuse placed in the correct slot to activate (see any Toyota sienna forum) Step up and acknowledge consumer complaints about engine knocking with a service bulletin or stand behind this design with an extra warranty.

Disappointed with Toyota.
By BJ

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned 4 Toyotas and am underwhelmed with this vehicle. Previous van was a Kia and would not trade a Kia for Toyota ever again. This van has terrible fit and finish. Drivers door, rear gate and trim all are poor. This van is cheap and uncomfortable. The engine has sounded like an old truck in cold weather since the day we bought it and have been told that is normal. If that is normal then they are all garbage. We bought this van based on reputation but we were wrong. I guess Toyota should take a lesson from themselves. Go back to making good cars.

Fuel economy - for a van. Interior size. Power for a van.

Better fit and finish - especially the doors. Correct the engine sound like a diesel truck. Better and more comfortable seats.

Great Trip Car
By Bob Ricci

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned the car for slightly over 2 years. Over-the-road driving is very comfortable with plenty of cabin space and power. This van with a 266 hp engine has a lot of pep! Fuel economy is nominal. The engine is noisy however but dealer says it's normal for the type of motor used.

Heated seats, back up alert, and leather seats.

Better sound conditioning.

I'm too tall for this vehicle
By a bit disappointed

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6 feet tall and my husband is 6'2". This vehicle is designed for much shorter drivers. There is not much thigh support and 3 hour drives are torture. I am looking to find a "booster seat" type of seat for me because I'd planned to have this van for many years. I bought it because I had a used 2000 Sienna XLE that I flipped over on icy roads and no one was hurt although the van was totaled. I am disappointed because I am so uncomfortable driving it. It is currently at the dealership because the radio malfunctioned and one of the tire pressure gauges is broken and shows that we always have a low tire. I love Toyota normally but have been so disappointed with this one.

I love how easily the seats convert and the amount of room for the kids.

Don't assume that only 5"7" moms are going to drive it.

Get the leather
By sylvia

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I often have elderly persons in this vehicle and they have all commented on the comfort of the leather seats and the spaciousness of the cabin. When it's empty & the seats are stowed there's plenty of room for hauling. I traded in an 8cyl Jeep which was seriously noisy; Sienna is quiet by comparison, but still loud on the freeway. I've had it just over 18 months and, knock wood, not a think has gone wrong. Mileage exactly as stated by the manufacturer (not to say it has great mileage but I am saying the advertised MPG is truthful).

The sonar is great - it's kept me out of two fender benders. Leather seats are comfortable & easy to clean, good turning radius, love the automatic side & rear doors. Row 3 seat removal is easy; just stow in the floor. Large trunk area when all seats are up. 6- trac CD player, automatic sunroof.

Would like a quieter cabin while driving freeways.