Used 2008 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love it so far
By iJet

2008 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first used vehicle bought. So I was nervous. This is our first mini van and so far we LOVE it. Good ride, good room. Do have that certain RPM drone in exhaust, but paying 16.9K for an 08 with 34K miles I can deal with it just fine.

Room, smooth ride, seating options, cabin lighting quality and reliability (so far)

Find a way to get rid of the resonating drone at certain RPM.

Great Toyota reliability
By So. Calif. Toyota

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6 feet tall and the only major issue is the legroom. The Toyota Sienna center console is very wide and my right knee hits the console and is very crowded for a 6 foot tall person. Except for the comfort issue, this has been a great minivan. The Toyota has about 20,000 miles with no repairs. The Toyota is smooth and fast on the road. I also own a 1999 Honda Odyssey which has more legroom for a taller person. The Honda Odyssey center console is 3 inches narrower than Toyota. I prefer the Honda Odyssey for seating comfort and the Toyota Sienna for a fast, smooth ride. I am currently planning to buy a Toyota Highlander which has more legroom for taller people.

Smooth ride, fast acceleration, nice handling. Reliable.

Make the center console narrower. I realize the target market may be soccer moms, but Toyota should try to make this van comfortable for people 6 feet tall.

Not what I thought it would be
By my2sons

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always taken care of my vehicles,changed the oil, rotated the tires every 5,000 miles and did what the manual said but I am so sorry I bought this Sienna, At 60,234 miles i am going on my third set of tires.All I do is highway driving because of where we live. the front end is always out of alignment and you cannot tell when it is out of alignment because there is no pulling to either side.So every oil change I have to pay more$ to get the front end checked/ I do average 24 mpg and I haven't had any engine trouble. I must say the engine has good pep when you need it. The tires that came with the vehicle only lasted 30,000, But 3 sets of tires It makes me furious.

I do like its gas mileage and it has a good ride to it. Like the way the second row seats fold forward.

Toyota needs to put a little more quality into their vehicles and quality tires.this van is very noisy a little more insulation without more cost to the hardworking consumer. No more toyota vehicles for us.

Sudden exceleration---not the good kind
By Guy Whalon

2008 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned this Sienna for a year and we were pretty happy with it. UNTIL, my wife and kids experienced a sudden acceleration moment when the car launched itself through a Subway sandwich shop. The police report listed the cause of the accident as "undetermined/sudden acceleration". The body shop would not replace the air bags or seat belts because of Toyota's past history with these problems. The car was sent to a local Toy dealership, whereas they turned the car away until Corp could made a decision. I contacted Toy Satisfaction Team they did an eval on the car, after 30 days they still won't tell me if the car is safe to drive. This will be the last Toyota we will ever buy.

Well designed interior with flip up tray in between driver and passenger seats allows either brief case or purse to be stored easily.

If Toyota Satisfaction Team cannot render a decision if the car is safe to drive at the time of the evaluation, then the car should not be released to the owner to drive. Inclusive, Toyota should pick up the cost of a car rental during this process time.

I regret buying this van
By Farmallfixer

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The fit and finish of this van are pitiful. 40,000+ for rattles, squeaks and an engine that sounds like its gonna blow every time after a cold start. The tires are absolute junk and only made it 22,000 miles. The navigation system only lets you look up addresses and adjust the DVD when stopped. My dealer support is very poor and Toyota's help help has been even worse, every time I call with a common problem that you can find all over the internet "they have never had complaints about this problem before". I have owned 9 Toyota cars and trucks over the years and the quality of my Sienna and the dealer support I have received might keep me from buying another Toyota

Rear dvd Navigation 3rd row seats fold very easily. climate control is great

Navigation needs to be able to look up addresses and adjust DVD while moving. Gas mileage should be better. The factory tires were terrible. I expect MUCH better support from the dealer and Toyota when I pay a premium for a Toyota. I didn't buy a $20,000 Kia. I bought a Toyota and just expected more