2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: Still love my Sienna.

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Still love my Sienna.
By sienna_06 on

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Update on Sienna as of 9/10/16: The van's engine still runs strong and I've had no problems with the engine or transmission since purchasing the van new. However, I have been disappointed with the parts that have been replaced on the van by a Toyota dealership not lasting like I feel they should. Seems I am only getting 1/2 life on the replaced Toyota parts such as the rack-n-pinion, shocks, struts, and axles. The original parts lasted me over 215,000 miles, and these genuine Toyota replacement parts haven't even lasted 90,000 miles. A big disappointment.
I am writing this review in March of 2014.
I've owned my Sienna since it was new.
I now have over 250,000 miles on my van.
It has given me little problem over the years.
I purchase 90,000 mile/warranty Michelin tires, and they usually wear unevenly and need replacing before they hit 50,000.
This is with regular alignments & tire rotations done at the same time I have the oil changed at 5,000 miles.
Other than this, the van has given me little problem. I've been very happy with my van

• Acceleration

• Rain snow traction
  • Headlights
  • Repair frequency
  • Dealership support

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By stixoffire
on 06/06/15 09:41 AM (PDT)

I never rotate tires on a Front Wheel drive vehicle . Unless you want to replace tires often. I buy 40,000 mile tires (the tires are warranted by the date code of manufacture not really by miles) A tire can be installed and have 1 year warranty left regardless of mileage. So I buy the 40K tires, at 40K I replace my front tires, at 80K to 100K, I replace the rear tires along with the front. I save the cost of 2 tires every 2nd tire change and I have no issues with any of my vehicles. I probably have a million miles in front wheel drive vehicles - I used to buy into that rotation stuff - but I have learned by not doing it - how long the rears will last and the fronts I replace them when they reach their mileage - they actually make it to there. When I was rotating I would not reach the rating or maybe barely and I would have to buy 4 tires. I think it is a scam by the tire industry , it does sell more tires and also when you have to rotate every 5K you pay for that and/or are in the service booth often (to buy something else.)