2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Review: My Sienna is falling apart

2006 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Review

LE 8-Passenger Passenger Minivan (3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic)

My Sienna is falling apart
By sienna_06 on

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Update on Sienna as of 3/10/17 The van's engine still runs strong and I've had no problems with the engine or transmission since purchasing the van new. However, I was told by the dealership that the transmission is now leaking. I am still VERY disappointed with the parts that have been replaced on the van by a Toyota dealership not lasting like I feel they should. Seems I am only getting 1/2 life on the replaced Toyota parts such as the rack-n-pinion, shocks, struts, and axles. The original parts lasted me over 215,000 miles, and these genuine Toyota replacement parts haven't even lasted 90,000 miles. A big disappointment.
I've owned my Sienna since it was new.
I now have over 300,000 miles on my van.
It has given me little problem over the years, but now seems to be falling apart. It's been one thing after another. This includes the interior and exterior parts. So it would appear that the interior's life expectancy is about 10 years when the plastic parts start cracking and breaking, and when the electrical starts to give problems.
The tires still wear unevenly and need replacing at about 1/2 life even with regular alignments & tire rotations.
I've been happy with the van until it hit the 10 year mark and about 280,000 miles. Was hoping to get 400,000 miles on the van before letting her go. But she won't make it that far.

• Braking

• Bluetooth
  • Navigation
  • Repair frequency
  • Dealership support

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By stixoffire
on 06/06/15 09:41 AM (PDT)

I never rotate tires on a Front Wheel drive vehicle . Unless you want to replace tires often. I buy 40,000 mile tires (the tires are warranted by the date code of manufacture not really by miles) A tire can be installed and have 1 year warranty left regardless of mileage. So I buy the 40K tires, at 40K I replace my front tires, at 80K to 100K, I replace the rear tires along with the front. I save the cost of 2 tires every 2nd tire change and I have no issues with any of my vehicles. I probably have a million miles in front wheel drive vehicles - I used to buy into that rotation stuff - but I have learned by not doing it - how long the rears will last and the fronts I replace them when they reach their mileage - they actually make it to there. When I was rotating I would not reach the rating or maybe barely and I would have to buy 4 tires. I think it is a scam by the tire industry , it does sell more tires and also when you have to rotate every 5K you pay for that and/or are in the service booth often (to buy something else.)