Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

2006 Sienna
By Gym Shortz

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've been driving our van for about 4 years now. We got the 8 passenger model to accommodate our family of 4 and if needed another family of 4. That has worked out superb. The only drawback is the lack of armrests in the middle row had we gone with the 7 passenger model. We put aftermarket leather (well worth It) and all weather mats (we bought mfr, but there are other good mats at a better value). The van has a ton of power and I've never felt like I'm driving a van, I like the ride and the 12 cup/bottle holders around the van. Automatic door on passengers side only is nice but not necessary. Maintenance has been minimal LOF and milestones, no issues. Got new tires at 55K miles.

Handling and power

Middle row arm rests on seats.

Build Quality questionable
By Valerie

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Decent vehicle as far as Minivans are concerned. But build quality is in question. Minor rattles (Dealer said it was normal). My sliding door motor crapped out after 6 months. Then when it was replaced I can hear it straining to close now. In 2008 I drove my cousin's Odyssey for a month and was very very impressed with it. It looked better inside, seemed to have functionality that suited my needs and definitely handled better. My husband actually enjoyed driving a van (he didn't like driving the Sienna) I'll be switching over to the Odyssey if I ever buy a Van again. I won't be buying any more Toyota due to the accelerator issue fiasco. I'm afraid the same issue will hit Siennas.

ride on long trips, roomy, safety (I hope)

interior, looks so plain and seats are unappealing. Safety is a big concern. If it develops the accelerator problem as many other Toyotas have, then I'm dumping it real quick.

No big issues - but won't buy again
By Boston Driver

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife who swore she would never want a minivan. She likes the car, but I'm not crazy about it. Mileage averages 19 .. i never expected 30, but 23-24 seemed reasonable. The engine seems underpowered or else the transmission is just plain shifting at the wrong times (i shouldn't have to floor it to maintain 70 mph on a minor incline). Otherwise just plain feels like I'm driving a couch

All that room. Very comfortable for long rides

Improve MPG, road feel.

Great Value
By flpohio

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not one problem except the crappy Dunlop tires it came with.

Cushy ride and multiple use variations. We have used it for hauling cargo and as a Wedding Car along with day to day use. Good highway fuel economy.

Longer lasting tires and better city fuel economy.

Buy the Extended Warranty
By Bill_in_CO

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Sienna new in 2006 and have driven 48,000 miles. The vehicle has been back to the shop 7 times and repairs are now costing us staggering sums of money. If you like this vehicle, be sure to get the extended warranty. The driver's side automatic sliding door just broke and cost $1800 to fix. The dealer said this is a common problem. The rear hatch won't close on its own and the dealer can't fix it. After 10k miles and 35k miles, we had to have both sliding doors fixed as loose parts were rattling loudly. The run-flat tires are terrible. They wear out at 15k miles and cost $1000 to replace. The vehicle doesn't come with a spare tire.

None

Sliding doors should be improved so they don't wear out in 48,000 miiles and cost $1800 to fix. Add a spare tire so we don't have to use run-flat tires.