Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Toyota quality no more
By Mark

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned several Toyota vehicles dating back to the 70's, I am truly disappointed in the recent quality of their vehicles. Brakes wear prematurely, CV joints are bad, and automatic sliding door went out. All before 50,000 miles. And of course, all of these repairs are very expensive. No more Toyotas in my future.

Overall quality

Never again!
By cert963

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A lot of repairs due to everyday use, parts and labor at dealer very expensive. Build with very cheap materials that break unusually fast dealer and Toyota will blame you for anything that you touched or used on the vehicle even the radio that you listen to is your fault. My first and believe me last Toyota to buy. Happy with my other Nissan and infinity trucks that I own for far more years of service and far less problems!

spacious.

Start building better cars, and stop thinking about making money off us on everything, Toyota!

Too expensive to maintain
By Dave in CT

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace 1st set of runflat tires at 23K miles ($600+). New brake pads and rotors turned at 40K miles. The "alloy" wheels are peeling. Will soon need to replace the second set of runflat tires @ 47K miles. I would put regular tires on it if there was a place for a spare. Not the quality I expected when I purchased it, first Toyota purchased and probably the last.

Strong engine and handles well. Great turning radius for a large vehicle.

Actual alloy wheels that I paid for. No runflat tires. Better brakes.

I like the odessey better
By Julie

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had purchased a used Odyssey with leather seats and dvd and I loved it but found out it had been crashed and not fixed right so we went back to the dealer and we traded it in for the sienna. I hate the seats, you lean back to rest and it is like laying on a brick, we have 80,000 miles and the a/c is acting up. The cd player and radio for the last 10,000 miles has been very strange some days you cant see any of the words on the radio and then it just stops working then it will work then stop again later. The one thing I noticed is when I accelerate it shifts hard and almost has a jerking noise. It has been really reliable that I am thankful for.

Reliable

Transmission not jerk, cd/radio,

Toyota Needs a Compass
By losttheirway

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota needs a compass because they have lost their way. I have owned other Toyotas and they never needed more than maintenance items. Not so with my Sienna. After only 4 years the front air conditioning failed. Then the passenger side sliding door failed. I was upset that it had broken, but thought it would take a $100-$200 part to get the problem fixed. Was I ever wrong. Toyota charges $1,100 just for the part and no company makes an after- market part! You have to take the door completely off the car to fix it. With the old Toyota it wouldn't have failed, but if it did it would have been simple to fix and the part wouldn't have cost so much. I won't be buying another Toyota.

Space, storage spaces, power sliding doors until they break.

Transmission - A situation where the van is rolling and then you accelerate seems to confuse the transmission. It treats you to a hard shift.