Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Expensive to own
By cgermain

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Sienna new and have had many electronic issues.
Radio went out within the first week, followed by airbag sensors.
The brakes had to be replaced at 30k.
I have 93k and have had the tires replaced three times.
This van is a great driving vehicle but it is simply too expensive to maintain.
Now my AC has gone out for a 2nd time.
It was a $1200 bill the first time and I am praying it will be covered for this repair.
I will never own another Toyota and my Sienna will be gone soon.
Going American all the way from now on.

Cargo Capacity, drives great

All electronics, wears out tires and brakes too easily

Great Van
By angelaj1

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our van.
My only complaint is the tires, but the guy at Discount Tires explained to me that it is because the van is very front heavy.
The back tires do fine.
I have had to replace the tires on the front 3 times, and I am getting ready to replace the tires on the front.
When I replace the move the older tires to the fron. and put the new ones on the back.
So, so I will be on my 3rd set of tires.
Other than that no complaint.
We love it for road trips

Read dual DVD for kids, and heated seats for mom and dad.

great van , has its ups and downs
By danlee4

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned both 04 and 06 sienna Le model. 04 model had numerous issues with a/c and for 06 it got a minor face lift so we sold it with only 20k miles of use. The 06 le was perfect, had 40k miles of use, mechanically perfect, never had issue with brakes, engine, axles,trans, doors like most other people are complaining about. we averaged 22 mpg in its entire life, mixed city/hwy use. Honestly brakes are still had over 70% life left.
My only gripe was it had a noisy acceleration, it likes to rev low, great for gas mileage, and provides a super quiet in cruising mode. It does shop for gears if you have it on cruise control especially climbing gears, so I just take it out of cruise.

Great resale value if you keep it in perfect shape. I have seen some junk siennas out there, it does not hold up well if kept outside, ours was garaged and it looked brand new. Headlights, exterior plastics(like the plastic mirror mounts, windshield plastic where the wipers are) will fade quickly in 2 years, I have seen many siennas age badly. back seats fold down providing great cargo with middle row removed also. Cheap to own, drives like a new van after 40k miles of use. I have test driven the 2011 siennas, it drives exactly as my 06 sienna. cup holders, hidden pocket on both front door armrests cheap to own, all we had to replace was the battery, oil changes, filters.

They have improved on the noise level with acceleration on the 2011. No point on making suggestion in this catagory since 2011 are out now. 2011/2012 siennas they took away the hidden door storage in both front door panels, no doubt to save money. not really impressed with all the new changes for the value 2006-2010 are superior in value as compared to the 2011-2012 much higher msrp now wish we kept our 06 now.

Not Toyota Quality
By daddio1

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Sienna after my Caravan died 4 years ago. I hate to say that this Sienna has been worse maintenance- wise than my Caravan. I'm on my third set of brakes, my power door locks have all been replaced and my A/C compressor went out twice. Every time I take it in to have the power door locks fixed they look get this look on their faces like it's the first time they've ever seen the problem although a friend of mine who works at a Toyota dealership told me it's been a fleet wide problem for years to include the same 4 Lexus door locks I've had replaced. Now my left CV joint is clanking. The staff at the dealership acts like they work at Rolls Royce or something. Frustrating.

Good looking vehicle

Build 'em like you used to

2006 Sienna
By David Skipworth

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very unhappy with this vehicle. Have less than 70k on this car and already on 3rd set of tires. Rear door hold opens have failed and they cost nearly $300, and now the A/C compressor is out. New part is more than $1,000. Transmission has always shifted sluggish and the fuel tank is too small for the fuel economy of this vehicle. This car is a money pit. It just stays parked most of the time now. I hate it!