Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Love My Sienna
By lovemysienna

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I read other reviews about the Sienna XLE - not sure if it is that different from mine, but I love my Sienna! We owned a Honda Odyssey - top of the line and while it was a very reliable vehicle, it was a very rough ride. The Sienna is extremely smooth and handles great in any weather including the below 0 temps & snow that we have had in Chicago recently!

Automatic power door - wish we had it on both doors!

Gas mileage could be a bit better, but it's a minivan - pretty much the same as other minivans out there! I average about 17-19.

I can't believe a Mini!
By dorisrez

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would ever drive a minivan. But now that I do, I am so glad it is this one! It is very luxurious and is very accomodating to any busy parent with a bunch of kids! I have only had it for a week and as much as I miss the mpg on my Matrix, I love the room and the space.

Electronic Doors including the hatchback, great sound system, fold away seats and leather interior

Climate control is not sensitive enough. Gets too hot at times even though on 69 degrees. Would like to disable power door buttons in the interior based on child safety locks activated.

Solid Minivan
By Erynex

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Gets good mileage and has a very smooth and quiet ride. We were able to purchase a 100,000k mile Toyota extended warranty online for a very reasonable price. The dealership has been very helpful, even after the sale. We ordered it with many extras and were able to negotiate a good price. This is my second Toyota and probably not my last.

All wheeel drive, nav system and interior.

Find a way to incorporate a spare as a standard feature.

My Dream Car
By Angela

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love our car. The space is amazing. The features are so much fun. I feel as if I am driving on air. My 6 year old is in heaven. I feel like the four of us each have our own space. The is so much storage. With kids it allows for a place for everything. We really love the headrest DVDs. We cannot wait to go on a road trip. This is our second Toyota. We had a Highlander previously, and loved it. The Sienna is even better. Way to go Toyota! This is luxury in a family car.

Lumbar/heated seats, headrest DVDs, laser cruise control, 6 disc changer.

Always carry jumper cables
By Rick

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle overall and would highly recommend except for the battery. I've lost track how many times we've had to jump start it for the most minor or unknown reasons; e.g. just using the cd player for an hour while waiting in line for a ferry or leaving the rear hatch door not completely engaged (easy to do) will result in a no start in just a couple days. I've never owned a car this sensitive to battery discharge.

Ride, fit and finish, gas mileage.

A new battery system.