Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Fun to drive
By DGJ

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Toyota Sienna after we compared it side by side to a Honda Odyssey. Basically, we like the ride of the Sienna more. It feels like a car, we thought the Honda rode like a truck. It is spacious, comfortable - even on the third row and has all the features that Honda has but more options for the same money. I would highly recommend the Sienna.

The ride. It is an absolute joy to drive. The other thing I love is its agility. You don't feel like you are driving a van, but a car.

Not make the power doors such an expensive upgrade.

Great Van - Keep an Eye on the Tires
By Kid and Car x 2

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about it. AWD works great in the snow, we live in the mountains so having to replace the tires every 12,000 is something I am used to. Just bought a donut spare to throw in the back on long trips. The kids love it, the wife loves it, and I am happy to get at least 18 MPG. Better than the 11 MPG I got with an Expedition. Highly recommended. Just keep an eye on the tire pressure with the run flats. No biggie. Everyone should keep track of this stuff anyway. The gauges light up fantastic at night. Very satisfied.

Seat comfort. I feel like I am sitting in my living room. Gauges, AWD, quietness, room, visibility, turning radius, handling, quality to everything you touch. The iPod jack in the stock stereo. Toyota knows how to do it right.

Power slider for the drivers side on LE should be standard (it is standard on the XLE), and maybe somehow make a way to hold a spare tire top elimimate the run flats.

Luv my Van!
By Kate

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love having such a safe vehicle. I wasn't in the market per se for a van but the safety ratings sold me. I have a small child and her well-being is #1. I also was very impressed w/ the vans handling in the snow. My van out performed my husbands Silverado 1500! We were both in shock. Overall my van is safe, beautiful and reliable. I know it will last me far beyond my car payments. If you don't mind the initial teasing of being called a soccer mom, this is the vehicle to have.

I love having sliding middle row seat (s). I can move my baby up so I can reach her. My sliding door windows open up and down, so cool. Cargo space, cargo space, cargo space. Thats all I can say about that!

So far I have none. The whole vehicle is BEAUTIFUL!

Extremely unhappy with fuel economy
By Don Miller

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is an exceptional vehicle in all aspects but the fuel economy. To the point were I will not purchase another Sienna! I previously had a 2004 Sienna and the mileage on it was 29-31 mph. The 06 is around 21! Yes, I still have the same driving habits and locations.

Dynamic laser control cruise.

Improve the fuel economy or change your claims on the sticker.

Great Vehicle, Good Price, Poor Stereo
By David Williams

2006 Toyota Sienna Minivan LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Sienna six months ago and I'm very impressed with the vehicle. It has a very nice interior with and 8 full size seats. The only minivan with three full size seats in the second row. The center second row adjustable seat is great for infants in car seats. The trunk can adequately handle the luggage for eight passengers. The engine is powerful and smooth. The stereo system sounds very basic and inadequate for such and excellent vehicle. The ride is quite and smooth.

Interior, fold flat 3rd row seats, large trunk, smooth ride, power sliding right door, full size adjustable center second row seat, and interior observation mirror.

Add more speakers and a better sounding and stronger stereo system. Add more lighting to the trunk space area. Make stability control standard.