Used 2006 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Smooth like a Lexus but not quite there
By Creighton

2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned this car for a while now, I have very mixed feelings about it. It's smooth and refined like my Lexus but has very mediocre interior ergonomics that are very un-Lexus-like. It's very easy to love the features; HID lighting, AWD, Nav, laser-cruise control, bluetooth, DVD, comfy leather seats; but somehow, Toyota didn't get some of the basics right. The frequently used climate control buttons are small and mislabeled. The 2nd row seats constantly rattle and squeak. The run-flat tires are truly terrible but at least warranted by Toyota. Fuel economy was terrible at first but is improving with age.

Bluetooth definitely.

Take interior controls from a Lexus. Insert in Sienna.

Smooth ride
By mj23cantona

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far, so good, great for road trips or everyday use, it's my wife's but I drive it on weekends, it's better than the truck for family outings. Drives like a sedan or better, lots of room, it can be configured to accommodate any combination of passengers and load. Add adequate power and a sleek design, and you got the full package.

Lots of space, very ergonomic driver's seat, great handling, confort, power sliding door.

Luggage racks could be a little sturdier.

Fun to drive
By DGJ

2006 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Toyota Sienna after we compared it side by side to a Honda Odyssey. Basically, we like the ride of the Sienna more. It feels like a car, we thought the Honda rode like a truck. It is spacious, comfortable - even on the third row and has all the features that Honda has but more options for the same money. I would highly recommend the Sienna.

The ride. It is an absolute joy to drive. The other thing I love is its agility. You don't feel like you are driving a van, but a car.

Not make the power doors such an expensive upgrade.

Great Van - Keep an Eye on the Tires
By Kid and Car x 2

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about it. AWD works great in the snow, we live in the mountains so having to replace the tires every 12,000 is something I am used to. Just bought a donut spare to throw in the back on long trips. The kids love it, the wife loves it, and I am happy to get at least 18 MPG. Better than the 11 MPG I got with an Expedition. Highly recommended. Just keep an eye on the tire pressure with the run flats. No biggie. Everyone should keep track of this stuff anyway. The gauges light up fantastic at night. Very satisfied.

Seat comfort. I feel like I am sitting in my living room. Gauges, AWD, quietness, room, visibility, turning radius, handling, quality to everything you touch. The iPod jack in the stock stereo. Toyota knows how to do it right.

Power slider for the drivers side on LE should be standard (it is standard on the XLE), and maybe somehow make a way to hold a spare tire top elimimate the run flats.

Luv my Van!
By Kate

2006 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love having such a safe vehicle. I wasn't in the market per se for a van but the safety ratings sold me. I have a small child and her well-being is #1. I also was very impressed w/ the vans handling in the snow. My van out performed my husbands Silverado 1500! We were both in shock. Overall my van is safe, beautiful and reliable. I know it will last me far beyond my car payments. If you don't mind the initial teasing of being called a soccer mom, this is the vehicle to have.

I love having sliding middle row seat (s). I can move my baby up so I can reach her. My sliding door windows open up and down, so cool. Cargo space, cargo space, cargo space. Thats all I can say about that!

So far I have none. The whole vehicle is BEAUTIFUL!