Used 2004 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 742 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Great Reliable Van
By scabledog

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I once said I would never buy anything but a Ford or Chevy, but I am a Toyota believer now.
Bought this van new in 2004 and it now has 175,000 miles on it with very little problems to speak of.
Just routine maintenance for the most part.
The dash did start to crack in the center at 100K and the radiator leaks a bit, but considering the mileage I cannot complain. I think this year I will replace the radiator finally, but still not terrible at 175K.
Only other issue I had at about 155K was a front wheel bearing went bad. You know they are bad when you rumble down the road.
Still a ton of mileage without major repair costs so really cannot complain!!
Would definitely buy another Toyota!

Comfortable ride and low maintenance costs. This vehicle was expensive amongst other van models, but it has not disappointed me and the extra money was well worth it.

Could be a little easier on tires. If you get the softer tires for the better ride as recommended they get eaten up within 40K. The harder tires last the longest, but make the ride a bit stiffer. Sill not terrible overall...

Still Strong at 100K
By joepawlicki

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My family has owned this car almost 10 years and its been an absolute champ. Other than routine maintenance and a few recalls, we've had to do a thing. Its been to and from mountains hauling kayaks, filled with dry wall and tools, and has been the primary delivery vehicle for our cake business.
The drivers sliding door doesn't open automatically anymore but to be honest, I cant complain given the amount of use it has gotten. This would be a great used car to purchase.

Power train is smooth and responsive. Ride quality is comfortable and quiet. Interior quality is top notch.

They did really well with the design of this car. No complaints.

2004 Sienna XLE at 180,000
By jnykodym

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan still rides like a cloud.
Relatively minor repairs and maintenance: new timing belt at 120,000 and a warranty replacement of the rear gate lift pistons.
I will never go back to a small car.
At 180,000 miles it runs like new.
Very very very happy.
I expect to get at least 300,000 out of this van, very comfortably.

Acceleration and handling are great for a van. The turning radius is very tight. The climate control is very effective and the entertainment system is great.

Hugely disappointed - van was a lemon or possessed
By racecarmom

2004 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We
bought our 2004 Sienna new.
In the first 6 months, we had to replace the battery, the armrest fell off and the spare tire holder broke after one use. In the next three years, the panels on the front doors slid down and trapped me inside - I had crawl to the back seat to get out.
My husband duct taped the panels on and no more problem - ugly but it worked.
Then the sliding door panel's lock didn't work.
You had to take a chopstick to hold the lock lever up until just before you closed it and then pull out the chopstick and slam the door.
Other things broke with light use. Door weatherstripping falls down. Engine ran but looked like a beater van.
Would not recommend this van.

It was reliable - that's it.

'04 Sienna LE 7-passenger
By jrobey747

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I recently purchased a used '04 Sienna w/122,000 miles on it.
I didn't think twice about buying this Sienna because of Toyota's reliabilty (we also own a '02 Camry w/175,000 miles on it).
The model we got is the LE 7-passenger w/leather interior.
It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in and fun to drive, even though it's a minivan.
Other than some slight vibration in the dash the Sienna drives like new, very smooth and quiet.
My wife loves the right rear sliding door that opens w/a push of a button.
Although, I have heard of many instances when the chain breaks in that power sliding door being a costly repair (over $1400 I believe).
We love the minivan life!

Leather, moonroof, cd-player, storage, functionality, reliability, seating capacity