Used 2003 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

5 yr. review
By harshad

2003 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third review on our 03 symphony. After almost 5 yrs and 48000 miles, it has been reliable. We changed the power steering pump in warranty. other than that its been good. Good gas mileage. We have seen some sign of rusting on front passenger door. Please share experiences after 5 yrs.

Power sliding ddor, good power, quite, good fuel economy.

Love the Sienna, Sold the Bimmer!
By Teresa

2003 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Never thought I'd own a minivan but I needed the space. Test drove tons of them, bought the Sienna and love it! Thought I would keep my '03 BMW 325i wagon but ended up selling it. I enjoy driving this van and it's so plush, not cramped at all like my wagon. Handles surprisingly well for such a big vehicle. If you're having trouble letting go of your car and feel like you're too cool to drive a van, get over it! The Sienna is awesome and fun! Great sound system. JBL speakers rival the Harmon-Kardon in the BMW. Mileage is awfully good, too. Love it, love it!

Sure do love the power door and the great sound system. Handling and braking are terrific. Acceleration is very good for such a tank!

Hate that buzzing/beeping when the power door opens if you are dropping off kids at school. Sure, I'm in "drive" but I'm not moving! Can some engineer work on that annoying "safety feature"?

2003 Sienna
By ckanderson

2003 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We traded our 1995 Camry for a Sienna because we wanted something bigger for my wife and two kids. We liked the Honda Odyssey but the dealers wouldn't bargain. The Sienna body style was changing and we picked up one of the last '03 Symphony models. The car had no problems for 20k except for brake squeal, then the OEM Dunlop tires wore out. At 30k a noise developed in the steering, power door was stuck open, and now at 35k there is an oil leak. The Toyota dealer could not fix the suspension problem after three visits and then said the noise was normal. Overall it has been reliable, but has had more mechanical problems than we expected.

Powerful and smooth drivetrain; good engine power and fuel economy; upgraded JBL stereo; simple dash layout; easy to read gauges; low tire pressure indicator.

Driver's seat could go back another 2 inches; fix squeaky brakes; better OEM tires; outside temperature gauge.

The money pit.
By M S

2003 Toyota Sienna CE 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purcahesed this Toyota I have been taking this van to the dealership for repairs every 2-3 months. Check engine lights, O2 sensors are some of the more expensive repairs. I regret purchasing this van.

Covers the Bases
By Good Van

We owned a 1999 Dodge Caravan before
purchasing the 2003 Toyota Sienna
Symphony. The Dodge interior was more
comfortable and easier to use, but the
Toyota is by far more reliable and much
safer. I love Toyota reliability, and
their pricing is much more competitive
when compared to Honda. The 2004 has
fixed most of the faults of this van,
but there are a couple that bug me. It
is very difficult to get into the third
row of seats because the second row does
not flip up or move easily to create
space. There's only one car seat latch
in the second row, and it's attached to
the floor of the vehicle. The power
door cannot be stopped when it's
closing. There's too much body lean in
turns.

Reliability. I've easily gotten 200K miles on every Toyota I've owned. Safety - this is one of the safer cars on the road. Price/value - it's cheaper than an Odyssey. It's really hard to beat the combination of reliability, safety, and value you get with this vehicle. Great family vehicle

-Power doors with safety reverse -More child seat anchors - preferably attached to the seat -Easier access to third row seating -The van leans too much in turns -Turning radius is too big, making it difficult to park -Just test drove the 2005, and these problems are fixed in the new models...