Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

My Sienna 2000
By martin

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

I have had the Sienna almost 7 years and it has 100K on it and I still don't want to give it up. It has never had mechanical/engine problems. At 70 mph the engine purrs.

Drives like a car, not a van. I turn the key and it starts.

2000 Sienna - Great Vehicle
By tnjumper

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We bought this certified, pre-owned vehicle about 18 months ago. We have had no repaire expenses other than normal oil changes. The minivan is extremely quiet and rides nicer than most cars. It is comfortable and is easy to enter and exit. We are very pleased with this purchase.

It has several very nice features, but we do enjoy the dual CD/Cassette player. The cruise control and tilt steering column are also very nice, especially for highway driving.

There are a few options we might have selected if we had purchased this vehicle new, but anything we thought of is already available on a new van.

Best mini-van on the market!
By Robert M

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

We purchased our 2000 Sienna new in March 2000 & it currently has 53,000 miles on it. I have owned numerous cars in the past, new & old, & can honestly say this vehicle is one of the most practical & smooth riding vehicles I have ever had. All 3 rows of seats are like sitting in our most comfortable chair in our living room! It truly rides like a Cadillac, but has the room of a mini-van. My guess is that we'll soon trade in the 2000 Sienna for another one. Why not give them a try! You won't be disappointed!

Smooth & very comfotable ride, roomy interior, comfortable seats all 3 rows, gas mileage, style.

Excellent family TAXI
By Carlos-Puerto Rico

2000 Toyota Sienna CE 3dr Minivan

My Family TAXI. She came in to the family at the same time as my twins... she has held up with the mistreatment of the baby years, the toddler years of abuse going on to the abuse of two little 6 year energizer bunnies that use the van as their alternate toy chest, sleeping bed, fighting ring, fast food table, after the beach resting area, camping house, immagenary treasure hunt cave, space ship and who knows what else... but she keep on running and keeping my two precious gems and my Queen safe and my pockets free of mechanics hand picking. She just askes for regular maintenance and thats it.. exception, a small Power Steering oil leak that I will attend to asap.. plan to have her for at 15 ys

SAFETY..SAFETY...SAFETY..reason why I selected the Sienna..apart from Toyota reputation of quality and value....

All improvements have been added more or less to the new models... I would love to see a Sienna that has the tuck away of seats.

Reliability Issues
By T

2000 Toyota Sienna XLE 4dr Minivan

For a five year old van with relatively low mileage, our Sienna has had some serious reliability issues. In the past 12 months, we've replaced a front axle, transmission, driver's & passenger seat belts, and driver's exterior door handle. Fortunately, our dealer has gone to bat for us and the only out of pocket cost has been the $200 door handle. We also recently found out that we need a new ABS control module ($1800) and the spare tire wench won't lower the spare tire ($160). They've declined to cover either of these items, so we've formally appealed to corp. grievance. The first three years we loved the van, the last two have been very disappointing to say the least.

Interior layout & ride.

Seems like they rushed this design to market and threw out the TQM principles that made Toyota the industry benchmark. It will be difficult for me to consider buying Toyota again based on this experience.