Used 2000 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Sienna

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Extremely Reliable People Mover
By Freeagent35

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I bought this van in 1999, needing flexibility for hauling bicycles and music/PA equipment. Periodically I keep toying with the idea of buying a new one, but then again it has so few miles (62k) and has been so darn reliable, that I just can't convince myself to spend $30k for a new one. Other than problematic power window switches, the vehicle has been pretty much bulletproof. Engine sludge? Not sure what I think but I have changed the oil personally every 3k (of late so few miles ever 6 months with synthetic) and no evidence of sludge in oil filler area. Still starts without complaint first try and runs like a top after nearly 10 years.

Very comfortable seats. Vehicle is large and flexible. Well laid out with power outlets for portable DVD players in back (why spend $1500 for a built in when a $200 portable will do?)

The folding third rows were added in 2004. Penalty is unit is a little longer than mine making fit in some garages a stretch.

Still going...
By Xuefeng

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

I have used this vehicle for gardening, at the first day I went to plant my vegetables to selling them at the market. I drive right on the dirt road to get to my gardening area. I also drive this van at least once every month between Milwaukee and St. Paul. No major repairs so far.

none

Buy it again
By sold one

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

Owned our Sienna for 8/ 1/2 years, was a great car, 100% reliable, always dealer serviced and never any mechanical issues. Well done. Hated to see it go, but needed a bigger rig.

Reliability, reliability, reliability

Cargo area behind rear seat too small, also fold away seating would have been nice. Both corrected in a the version

Good, but with problems
By evans

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

We had no problems until 65,000 miles. Since then, the transmission busted ($2,300 for a rebuilt trans.) and both sliding door handles have broken (around $330 to fix for both). All tires had to be changed at 15,000 miles and again at 40,000. Definitely some alignment issues. A good car, but quality control seems to be becoming an issue for some Toyotas. That said, I'm considering replacing this with another Toyota (RAV4), so I guess it goes to show I've not given up on Toyota's perceived reliability.

Serves its purpose if you're looking for a minivan.

Extend the warranty to match other car makers - 100,000 miles is a good sales incentive.

Couldn't ask for more out of a minivan
By TomboJambo

2000 Toyota Sienna LE 4dr Minivan

No significant mechanical problems in over 150,000 miles. If you want a reliable van, this is it! And the ride is quite comfortable, too.