Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

This is the DE FACTO Land Cruiser
By George Withers

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The ultimate large-size luxury SUV. Period.

Steering, Engine, Transmission, Leather, Power tailgate, Power 3rd row, JBL sound, etc, etc.

The 500hp TRD supercharger should be a factory option for those who are more spirited.

If you're going to buy a gas guzzler...
By Mike552

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

You may as well buy this one!!! Don't let some of the magazine reviews turn you away from buying this gorgeous vehicle. I mean, let's face it, is there a halfway decent car out there that has room for the whole family AND gets good gas mileage. The simple answer is NO. My 2008 Sequoia is a smooth smooth ride, and mine spends its time on Boston roads, which are some of the worst pothole infested roads in the country. Some reviews say that the steering is too easy, and coming from a 4runner I can see what they are saying, but if the Sequoia had a Lexus badge they would be complementing its effortless steering instead of trying do equate it to a Chevy Silverado.

I got the SR5 but I got it fully loaded. I love the driver's seat, especially the power ergonomic leg support. The telescopic steering is wonderful, and of course the 3rd row power seats. It's incredible how the rows fold flat to have a pickup truck on-demand. The 381hp 5.7L and 6spd auto are great!

The Bluetooth needs slight improvement: Basically a more powerful DSP mic and a better menu for switching phones between myself and the spouse. The way it s now I have to go through 3 menus to change primary phones. Also, fuel economy could be improved, but let's face it, it weighs 6500 pounds!!!

My Sequoia Ride
By Ron

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the Sequoia. It really met all my family's needs. We didn't buy it for the GREAT gas mileage (HAHA). This is our family car. Everything is great except for the poor gas mileage.

My family and I really like how it is really easy to drive. Once you get used to the size, it really drives like a car.

Gas mileage unless gas goes down to 50 cents a gallon.

Lovin' the Sequoia
By LuvSequoia

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I chose the Sequoia because I did the research and read a lot of comments posted on this very website. I am very pleased with the Limited 4X2. The ride is what I expected, but even better. I love the turning radius, when once was disappointed with the Tundra radius. The Sequoia is very sleek in it's interior design. It is very spacious and love the tri-climate control. Gas mileage is about 16-18 hwy. The body is huge and the front end takes some getting use to when it comes to parking. I am very happy I went with an SUV, as a long time truck person, I am pleased.

I am impressed the the JBL Synses sound system. It is like having spent a ton of money on a sound system. The seamless shifting is incredible. I love the 6-speed. Very smooth.

Super Sequoia
By Bill

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Needed large SUV so we drove Expedition, Tahoe, and Sequoia. Great deals on all. Features very similar but the quality and execution of the Sequoia is superb. This vehicle is designed to Lexus standards and it shows. Engine is strong and trans is great. Fast, quiet and both my wife and I are fighting to take it. Just had six in it and they all loved it. Drives like a smaller vehicle and is easy to park.

Seats, engine/trans, and the way it drives. 2nd and 3rd row seats are incredible.

Toyota should include memory seats as standard on Limited.