Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Premature exhaust manifold crack at 4k.
By Jomer

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 08 Sequoia last Jan 09, after 3 days the headliner rattled, the headlamp washer cover discolored. After 4k miles the exhaust manifold cracked! Interior very plasticky and hollow!

Toyota emblem

Maintain Toyota reputation of durability

08 sequoia
By mr08SEQUOIA

2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2008 Platinum Sequoia for family and weekend road trips. I test drove the Escalade ESV, Suburban, and Expedition XL. I chose the Sequoia with very little deliberation. The ride is smooth and the options are top rate. I love the interior space, the only two complaints I have are the lack of chrome accents for a model labeled platinum and the navigation and radio system. The resolution on the nav system is poor and the text limitation on the radio is just ridiculous for a product from Toyota. I know the profit margins had to be huge, because they did not invest a lot of money to impress customers or be competitive with $150 Nav systems from Best Buy.

Power rear door, ride, interior storage and space.

The Platinum Sequoia lists at $61K+, it needs more high end features to distinguish from other Sequoias such as more wood grained interior features, more exterior chrome accents, and chrome wheels.

Bold & Beautiful
By Terery

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in Odyssey (loved it) to get a SUV that would fit our family of 6 and tow our 4,500lb boat. The Sequoia w\ 5.7L has plenty of power on tap & even more torque. It accelerates better w\ boat in tow than my 2002 Tundra V8 did w\ no boat. Ride is good for a SUV, but definitely not minivan smooth. Ergonomics are pretty good, but cups & controls hard to reach (even w\ my long arms). Like the high ride height & visibility. Middle & back rows easily fit 6'+ passengers w\ leg-room to spare. Avg 16-17mpg, which is good for large SUV in town w\ this much power.

Reliable, powerful, large, and fun to drive. Feel very safe due to safety features, ride height, good control, & impressive braking. Lots of storage space throughout. Climate control & radio is easy to use (like steering wheel controls).

Cup-holders & ac controls could be closer to driver & passengers. Running boards s\b standard vs. optional (ingress/egress difficult for anyone under 5'). Plenty leg room throughout, but more cargo space would help (would have gladly payed $1,000 more for 1-2' extended version).

2008 Sequoia Warranty Repair@763 miles?
By PIF

2008 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I only had the vehicle for 763 miles before a metal piece dropped on the floor as I adjusted my steering column. Now the steering column moves up and down, and can not lock into place. The service people wanted me to wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment. Would you drive a car like that? I said no. Toyota Quality?

My confidence with my steering wheel would be a start ;)

Very Happy
By Melissa

2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in a 00 4 Runner and a 02 Mercedes C320 for the Sequoia. Happiest day was getting rid of the Mercedes and I tearfully left my 4 Runner. I have a 2 year old and one on the way, 2 big dogs and a 6' + hubby, while I am only 5'3". I drive approx 1400 miles a week (yes, really). I LOVE my truck. I am so happy with it AND I am really tough to please. I cheaped out and got the base model and I'm thrilled. It's even won my Dad over. I have learned how to dock it in to parking spaces but it turns as good as our Mercedes. If you are thinking about it, do it, you won't regret it. I got a license plate that says "In between gas stations".

Comfort, ease of access to back seats, smooth ride, looks

More cup holders in front. I'm pregnant and cannot reach the door ones anymore. What's up with the 2 glove boxes?