Used 2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Love my 2nd Sequoia
By MR VAT51

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our second Sequoia six months ago and already put in 10,000 miles. We drove it twice to California coming from Texas and once to Illinois. I love driving it and family loves the long drive because of the comfort of the ride.

everything

Radio control on steering wheel should be standard.

Great SUV
By Oh8Limited

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Our family bought this truck this month. We took a 4 hour trip to another city, very comfortable ride, responsive steering, also a quiet ride for the size. For as big as is it, it drives like a smaller SUV.

5.7 Liter engine, JBL stereo, responsive steering.

The Navigation could be more user friendly.

Love my Sequoia
By Warrant_ero

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought our Limited 4x4 Sequoia on 1 Jun. Love driving the big beast. For a big rig it drives like a small car. MPG been around 17 city/highway combined. The interior is nice although I would think there would be less plastic. Very quiet when on the road, love all the power. Looking forward to many great years of service.

Engine, front and rear Sonar, stereo. Folding third row seat.

Less plastic on interior.

Nicer than the 1st
By 9 year owner

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2001 Sequoia SR5 when they first came out, put 210,000 miles on it and was sad to trade it in on my new 2008 Limited in May of 2009. With gas prices going up we were actually looking for a smaller SUV but kept saying "we could get another Sequoia for that price". We bought our 2008 off the lot for the same price we paid for our 2001 SR5. We have already traveled 600 miles to 2 Lacrosse tournaments with 3 young men, gear and everyone loves it. We didn't like the new design at first but with the optional 20" wheels it is really starting to grow on us. The ride quality and the quiet interior are in a category of a much more expensive vehicle.

Power liftgate, folding mirrors, powerful 5.7 v8, power folding seats, JBL sound system, storage.

None right now

Room for Improvement
By Guffey Time

2008 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We live in a very rural area on dirt roads. We were amazed at how this vehicle allows the dust to come in. The rattles in the car are very irritating. The bluetooth does NOT work. The person on the other end says that it sounds like you are in a tunnel and cannot hear. Toyota cannot fix the problems! The towing is amazing which is the only reason I am keeping the car. You pay 52000 for a car, you expect a little more - not dust and rattles.

The towing is awesome! I pull a 2 horse trailer with 2 horses in a mountainous area with no problem.

Fix the rattles. The back seats make so much noise that I put the seats down. Fix the dust problem. The amount of dirt that flows into the vehicle is ridiculous.