Used 2007 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Nervous
By Dave

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Sequoia for a little over two years now and though I love driving the vehicle and it works well for my family of five, I am 15,000 miles past my manufacturer's warranty and already have over $2,000.00 in repairs. I was lucky enough to have purchased the extended warranty so I haven't had to pay for these repairs out of pocket but I am very worried about what this vehicle is going to cost me in the long run. I am pretty sure I will dump it when it is paid for. This is a shame because I really like the vehicle from a users point of view. My last issue was with the fuel pump at 45,000 miles. The part alone is over $600.00 from the dealership. That excludes labor.

Plenty of room. Interior works well for my family. Comfortable to drive.

A fuel pump that cost over $600.00 should last a lifetime. Rear latch reliability. Ditch the cassette player. When the traction control is turned off by user it should stay off.

What more could a soccer mom want?
By Timothy

2007 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most practical and stylish vehicle I have owned. I refuse to drive a mini van; this was well worth the increased price. I can comfortably haul five kids for hours having them watch the big screen DVD in comfort. It is easy to drive and not expensive to maintain.

DVD, leather & heated seats.

Works for me
By Grouse

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only had this vehicle for 2000 miles but so far I am pleased. It rides a little tougher than I'd hoped (on a smooth road it's great but where are those) but it doesn't jar your teeth loose and it's taut and quiet. The 08 fixed all my gripes about this model except the price, I couldn't justify another 25K for fold down seats and that wonderful 5.7L in the 08. Drive 65 for 500 mi, you'll be surprised (pleasantly). Having a trained ear, the JBL is simply not worth the money to me, but for R&R I'm sure it's just fine.

I like looking at it and the drivers seat is very comfortable. Utilitarian wise it suits my needs.

They fixed everything in 08 but I find it appalling that that expensive stereo upgrade doesn't have an MP3 input.

Toyota Sequoia - Poor Ergometrics
By dwmclean

2007 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the engineering / design ergometrics of my 2007 Sequoia Limited. The console controls are not lighted (side mirrors, seat heater) and in a poor location because the seat heaters can be turned on by laying an item across the console. No dash indicator light for fog lights. The gas mileage is poor (16 mpg highway and 14 around town). Rear storage compartment won't stay latched. Second seats will stay folded up (must restrain with a tether). I have factory nav system and satellite radio not available. Limited slip differential doesn't lock (engaging TRAC OFF seems to help but that doesn't make sense). I wish I had my Chevy Tahoe back!!

None

See my review. I feel the vehicle is poorly designed and not worth the $47K I paid.

So many little problems
By Ted

2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a Toyota for their supposed great customer satisfaction and reliability. I must say that this not what I have experienced. The car does start and run just fine. The problem lies in all the little things going wrong and the number of times that dealer visits are required. So far both mirrors have gone loose. The clock has failed, the rear hatch won't stay open, the power outlets have failed ... the list goes on. On top of that, the dealer and Toyota Corporate are great at stating that not all problems can be fixed under warranty even though the warranty has not expired. I still have 18 months left on the warranty and 10k miles to go.

Smooth ride, always runs

Too many small items breaking, shaking or making noise. They have the engine perfected, but nothing else.