Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Great Truck
By rileyb

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly a quality built truck. Previously owned a 2003 Sequoia. When replacing the 2003, I drove every other SUV on the market. I wanted to make sure I still wanted the Sequoia. After driving everything else, I still purchased the Sequoia. There is currently no other vehicle in the same class as the Sequoia. So far, the 2005 has been perfect, no problems, no service other, than standard oil changes, etc. I put over 35,000 miles on the 2003, it was flawless. I never had any service problems of any kind. I would make the same purchase again.

Plenty of room, very comfortable on the highway. I can spend 12 hours in the vehicle and still find the ride comfortable.

I wish the 3rd seat would fold out of the way. I do not need a 3rd seat, so I currently have the 3rd seat stored out of the vehicle. It creates an inconvenience.

LOVE this truck
By cat1996

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After having a Tahoe for years this is SO much better! Looks better too. Love the console between the middle seats to keep kids separated and pretty much love everything about this SUV. Took it on a 1400 mile trip last month with 2 kids and husband and have NO complaints at all. Lots of room for packing and comfortable ride. DVD definitely a plus on a 9 hour drive. Kids were able to plug the Gamecube in and play with the AV inputs and electrical outlet - you can't beat that feature!

The back window rolls down is the best feature, removeable center console between the 2 middle seats, auto closing of mirrors (good at the car wash), have a sunroof and a DVD player, very roomy third row seats even for an adult

A pain to store the 3rd row seats when you have to remove them - need to make them fold flat, hard to read the radio display when wearing sunglasses

very well designed
By ranma22

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The primary reason I liked this vehicle is the exterior design - it looks luxurious and comparable to the Land Cruiser. The fender wall makes this vehicle muscular. After I purchased the vehicle, I was very satisfied w/ the handling and comfort of driving. What about the engine? It feels very powerful. The actual mileage I'm getting so far driving on surface streets is about 12 to 13 miles per gallon; on the freeway, I'm getting about 14 miles per gallon. I logged all mileage and gallons of gas when I fill up my tank so that's how I obtained the numbers.

leather interior, feels roomy, exterior design

front center instruments, gas mileage

wonderful ride
By LR

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is superb! Granted, I only purchased my 2005 SR5 Sequoia 2 days ago but I am so pleased with my purchase. It handles amazingly well for such a large-side vehicle. I traded in my 2002 4Runner - which was a fantastic car and thought I would never part with it. But the Sequoia is easy to handle, is very comfortable, and all of the controls are within easy reach. I was considering the GMC Yukon but I'm very glad that I came to my senses and decided to stay with the Toyota family!

Inside and outside styling, steering wheel radio controls, smooth ride

Too soon to comment here - love everything about it.

Can't match it....
By Dr Val

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loving it all the way!!!

Styling (purchased special limited edition with billet grille, special bumper and skid plate; available only in Tampa and LA). Sweet ride :)

Gas mileage... that's nothing new I am sure :(