Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

The Best SUV Ever
By My Sequoia

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got this Sequoia for almost a year now and everytime I used it, it put a smile on my face because I know that I made the right decision on buying this car . The safety and reliability you can't ask for more.Two thumbs up...

Easy to handle and if you want some more power going in to the freeway, just step on the gas pedal and you'll get your answer.

Maybe an automatic rear door lift we'll be ok.

Reliable but not a lot of features
By mike

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is one of the better SUVs that I have owned. It's very reliable but lacks in power and doesn't have a lot of features that you would find in similar priced cars.

Drives like a luxury car and high stance

More interior features and more power

Top of the line Sequoia Limited
By OnlydriveSUVs

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told the dealership to find me the top of the line Sequoia, and they did. What a great vehicle! In addition to the top notch Toyota quality you get a huge SUV - comfortably seats 7. You can't beat this truck if you need space. I couldn't be happier. I've had it since July '05 and, of course, have had no problems. Avg 15-18 MPG.

Toyota quality. Nav system is great! Comfortable interior. Good engine power. Looks great in black!

Can't manipulate destination info on Nav system while moving - this is a painful safety feature.

Lovin My Quoia!
By Shana

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my vehicle. I can always rely on it to drive well and it never gives me any problems. The gas is very expensive but everything great about the vehicle makes up for it. I not only love it, I am proud to drive it.

Update on 2005 Sequoia
By snoopy

2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 05 Sequoia back to the dealer's twice for the same problem. Front end vibration and steering wheel centering in only 3300 miles. Little has been accomplished in both problems. Will probably need a THIRD visit. Dealer rebalanced all four tires (Dunlop) and rotated them with little difference. Also re-aligned front end. Will probably need a different set of tires, a la the Firestone problem. Gas gauge went to empty despite 3/4 tank of gas. Am thoroughly disgusted with this vehicle. Wish I had never traded my 2003 Suburban. In summary, SEQUOIA, OVER- RATED and OVER-PRICED.

None that I can think of.

Better tires, better instrument group, do away with the LCD displays. Certainly doesn't live up to the so- called GREAT RELIABILITY SCENARIO.