Used 2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Went to buy a van
By toyo luver

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went to buy a van and almost did, till I drove the Sequoia. I felt just like I did when I was 16 and bought my 1st Toyota, a 1977 Celica. Still the best I’ve ever owned, brand new off showroom floor. Wife and I were going to buy a van my kids insisted we drive a Sequoia before we made our mind up. The van was it until I hit the gas pedal and felt the smooth acceleration and was very impressed when I looked at the speedometer and saw I was way past speed limit. Why buy a Lexus.

Looks, feel of road, power, oh I love the power. Folks be careful if you buy one. This is not an SUV for teens. Should have a warning on side, no teen age drivers allowed. I feel so young at the wheel.

4 inches added to width, used on driver’s side. With my polarized glasses I can't see stations on stereo, weird. Should be closer to driver also.

Excellent SUV
By Daddy

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With a wife and three toddlers, this truck fits the bill. Comfort for them, toys for me (NAV, performance, looks). Kids watch the DVD and have their own headsets, don't hear a peep from them when watching Shrek. The only thing and this is minor would be more cargo space, but can always get one of those Thules for the roof. Highly recommend.

Closing mirrors, auto windows, nav, dvd,comfortable seating, center console space, cup holders, ride, and so on.

little more cargo space, but not a decision breaker.

Best full size SUV out there
By Shash

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Pros: This is a great family vehicle. We sacrificed the 'bells and whistles' bundled with the other vehicles we saw, like DVD, heated seats, power folding rear seat, stearing wheel radio controls, etc. The quality of this vehicle far surpasses any other SUV in its class. The driver and passenger comfort is very good. Surprisingly, the vehicle handles more likee a car than a big truck. Cons: Pricier than most other SUVs its size. Wish it had a GPS system.

Auto sun/moon roof, 6-cd changer, power rear window, roomy cargo area, plenty of cup holders, very elegant styling.

Steering wheel radio/cd controls, GPS system should be included in a vehicle in this class, better mileage would be nice, mp3/wma player.

So glad I chose this car!
By Liz

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at many of the large SUV's and found the Toyota is the best bang for the buck! It is well known that Toyotas hold their resale value. This car drives so smoothly, has an awesome turning radius, I carpool as many as 7 kids at a time and still have the trunk for groceries, stroller, backpacks. The middle row pops up easily for kids to climb in the back row. Also, I have car seats which actually still fit 3 across! I don't feel like such a soccer mom driving around in this luxurious ride... oh and cup holders a plenty!

like the roominess, the ease of the 2nd row seat, many cup holders, great turning radius. quiet ride.

The radio controls on the steering wheel change to your preset channels unless you hold it down...it should seek instead, like the Land Rover. Sounds stupid, but it's a big deal when you drive all the time.

Toyota Sequoia
By Mark

2005 Toyota Sequoia SUV SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle inside and out. I wish it had better fuel mileage, but it is an SUV. Highly recommended.

Appearance, handling and performance.

Improve the fuel mileage.