Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

New to Me
By new owner

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this the end of Sept. '07 with 48K on it. It now has 52.5k. We are a family of 5. We liked all the bells and whistles on this model because it had everything that the Limited had minus the heated seats. We own a '96 Tahoe, and just got rid of an '01 Odyssey minivan, and this takes the vans place. We gave up fuel mileage (22 vs. 18 in the Sequoia) and ride comfort. The Toyota definitely rides rougher than the Tahoe, but it gets better mileage and we love all the room/extra seats. We have had one mechanical issue, we had to replace the oil pressure sending unit. My wife is dissapointed that the rubber cup holder "fingers" have been torn/worn prematurely.

Sunroof (have not had one on the previous 4 vehicles we have owned and missed it). Leg room for all 3 seats, towing capacity. Better fuel mileage than my '96 2wd Tahoe. Great sound system, comfortable seats. Rear window feature.

I wish for 20MPG out of this. Better highway ride quality it still rides like a truck. Better visibility. Memory driver seat. Steering wheel radio controls. Rear back up camera.

Only Toyota I will ever buy
By tustin

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Had all carpet replaced at 1600 miles. Had interior trim panels replaced. Plastic covers keep falling off. Owned MB, audi and GM Yukons. My 94 E320 looks brand new. Toyota suggested I go back to buying MB product. Sequoia interior looks like junk. Toyota would not acknowlege poor manufacturing quality. Kept trying to send me to dealer but they did not build the car, Toyota did. Exceptionally poor customer service from Toyota Corporation. Paint is cheap as well.

7 seats, build in dvd player, good gas mileage considering size. Can put sheet of plywood in back with seats out. Great cargo space.

Put the quality of interior components that are justified by the over 40K price. The only quality I see (which supposedly Toyota builds) is in the mechanicals but even that I have now had a recall on the ball joints with no rental car. bottom line. Remember who is the end customer!

Good value
By rob328ic

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought an 04 4WD SR5. We have a dog, 3 kids, and travel with lots of stuff (kids 4, 2 ,4 mos). Rides well, no build issues. Fit finish ok (a few panel gaps). Mileage has been poor but typical. This is a 4 speed trans too. Older 4WD has not been an issue, we live in Maine and works well. But it lacks little things. 2nd row lock for seat fold up to enter third row. No fold flat. No remote start option or camera accessible cup holder in 2nd row. Lack of lateral support in front seats. No power lift gate (my wife has tough time reaching this). Overall I’d consider a Suburban or Denali over this if I made the purchase today on a new 07-08. Used however I’d get the Toyota.

Reliability, rear window in liftgate able to lower, space, snow ability and safety.

A remote starter, rear camera, easier fold and lock 2nd row with bench.

Wifes car and she loves it
By 1st Toyota

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is wife's favorite vehicle. Downside, horrible roof vibrations if you open moonroof while driving. Rear end failed at 20k. Wheel bearings failed at 38k. Trunk latch stuck and dealer says warranty doesnt cover anything affected by rust, even though salesman said extended warranty covers "everything".

Great ride, excellent power, smooth running motor. Nice exterior styling.

Move fan switch to drivers side of dash.

Excellent Driving Pleasure
By Masood Khan

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One of a class, great Toyota invention of Sequoia SR5. I am very pleased to have this nice and luxury vehicle with full of power and comfort.

Easy handling, big roomy seats for 8 passengers, powerful pickup.

Need more luxury options inside the car to make it above all.