Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Original owner over 174,000 miles
By Steve

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought our Sequoia new in January, 2004 and transferred ownership to my son a year ago and I bought a new Highlander for myself. He’s selling Sequoia now to get a car to use for business and clients. I’ve done all scheduled maintenance at Toyota dealers. Engine, transmission, everything is still strong. Sequoia handles great in Sierra snow and on the freeway in San Jose. Much better in snow than a previous 1996 Suburban. I am 6’2” and son is 6’4” and we fit very comfortably behind the wheel. Have used to transport kids to college with all their stuff, this car has excellent capacity. I want to keep it but have no need for another car in the driveway (and I really like my new Highlander). It will be sad to see it go, but some new owner will love it.

Timeless Gem
By Adam

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2004 Sequoia in 2006 with 25k miles. Maintained over the years inside and out per dealer specs. 265k miles currently and still runs and looks like new! No major repairs or replacements. Consistently complimented by friends, strangers and dealer service techs on its current overall condition. Best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Super dissatisfied with my prior vehicles which included Volvo, Jaguar, and Lincoln. Toyota/Lexus family (my wife drives a Lexus GX) for life!

I rolled my Sequoia during a tornado
By ROB Hixon

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Pain, hit my head, pulled a leg muscle. Walked away. When tow truck arrived. It started. Had a Car lot from 1995 -2000. Best vehicle I ever owned

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Rob S.

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2004. I've done all the dealer recommended services. It has 196,000 miles and still drives like new. I've had a few expensive repairs like the starter and of course routine maintenance like water pumps and timing belt. I've also replaced a few parts on the exterior due to sun fading. But it continues to be a solid and reliable vehicle. Insurance is lower because it's 12 years old as well as registration. Dealership tells me since we've done all the service it should go 300 too 400k miles. My last vehicle was a chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon Denali. Both had fewer miles and twice as many repairs.

Keeps on ticking
By TC B

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid.