Used 2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Timeless Gem
By Adam

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2004 Sequoia in 2006 with 25k miles. Maintained over the years inside and out per dealer specs. 265k miles currently and still runs and looks like new! No major repairs or replacements. Consistently complimented by friends, strangers and dealer service techs on its current overall condition. Best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Super dissatisfied with my prior vehicles which included Volvo, Jaguar, and Lincoln. Toyota/Lexus family (my wife drives a Lexus GX) for life!

I rolled my Sequoia during a tornado
By ROB Hixon

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Pain, hit my head, pulled a leg muscle. Walked away. When tow truck arrived. It started. Had a Car lot from 1995 -2000. Best vehicle I ever owned

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Rob S.

2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2004. I've done all the dealer recommended services. It has 196,000 miles and still drives like new. I've had a few expensive repairs like the starter and of course routine maintenance like water pumps and timing belt. I've also replaced a few parts on the exterior due to sun fading. But it continues to be a solid and reliable vehicle. Insurance is lower because it's 12 years old as well as registration. Dealership tells me since we've done all the service it should go 300 too 400k miles. My last vehicle was a chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon Denali. Both had fewer miles and twice as many repairs.

Keeps on ticking
By TC B

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Solid.

Love My Reliable Soccer Taxi
By A Soccer Mom

2004 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

While the Sequoia is not great on gas mileage, it has by far been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I bought a 2004 SR5 brand new and kept the oil changed. It still starts instantly like it did over 10 years ago. I've taken my teenage boys and their teammates to tournaments, and everybody sat comfortably with enough cargo space for luggage and soccer backpacks. I have replaced the battery, shocks ,struts, and brakes. I have never replaced the timing belt, and it has almost 300,000 miles on it. I have had 3 drivers run into me while sitting still and this vehicle has kept me safe. My DVD player has never been great from day one. The movies get stuck in the player. The radio volume button has stopped working properly. The motor of the back window wiper has died. Neither Toyota or the dealership notified me of the ball bearing recall. Thank God I wasn't traveling at a high speed when mine broke. The arm rest is broken and the seat cushion has torn on the driver's seat. I've owned Chevy, Ford, Nissan, and Infiniti. The Toyota has given me fewer problems and better performance than all of them.