Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

Smooth ride! Watch your wallet.
By 4dfmbz

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

i bought my seq used it was a 2002 sr5 with all bells! My only concern is the brakes. I have had to replace pads twice in one year and rotors once. I do drive quiet a bit. I bought the car with 23k it has 63K in a little over a year. But the car is a joy to drive, very smooth, like the lexus. Had to replace battery, I left on the lights, tires, and brakes.. The car is defint reliable. I would def by another. But only used. The gas will murder your wallet. At aound 3.00 a gallon, you're looking at 85.00 to fill. Brakes run about 200-400, tires are 500.00. So we are buying a smaller car for commuting purposes. The SUV will be for trips and weekends only.

Smooth ride! back window lets down! Get the leather seats, and DVD system!

HYBRID!!!!! Better brakes and rotors! GAS mileage!

MOM OF THREE AND HERE WE GO
By Florida Mom

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was very torn on getting another van or getting an suv. I did know I wanted a Toyota. So I took them both home to test drive and my husband ultimatley made my decision for me. We have a boat and we take it places so I needed something big enough to tow that. I love my Sequoia and I don't see myself getting anything else it is a great comfortable ride and my kids all have there own space. Towing a boat to the Florida Keys was a breeze for the truck also we had no problems what so ever. I love the styling of it. Gas is always a problem nowadays with whatever you drive unless they come out with a hybrid I will drive this till I am old and grey.

Leather seating, owning a Toyota, love that the back window goes down on the key fob.

Couldn't Be A Toyota
By azmark

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great highway cruiser. Very comfortable. However, not the Toyota quality I expected. Interior trim pieces kept falling off. Had to do a $2200 front brake job (entire front brake system!) due to poor quality in original materials. Toyota knew about this from the early Tundra's, but never fessed up. I've owned several Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans. This SUV was a big disappointment. Did I mention the poor gas mileage and anemic power? HP up for the latter years, but the original engine was smooth, put underpowered for the weight of the vehicle. Shame on you Toyota!

Highway ride. Comfortable seats. Plenty of room. Quality finish, if not fit.

Bury the third row seats in the floor. Offer more than 273 HP for this monster. Give it towing capacity to compete in the segment.

Best SUV I am glad its mine
By Karen

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a truck that was comfortable so we purchased this vehicle so my husband could travel comfortably due to a back injury. We traveled across country with it and he had no problems at all with his back. The vehicle has given us no problems at all. Women out there I would recommend this vehicle to you. It is high so you can see over the cars ahead of you, its very comfortable, I can't say enough about it I love it and so do my dogs.

I love it all

It would be nice if the third row seat would fold into the floor for more cargo space if needed.

LOVE IT
By Susan

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota. I plan on buying another of the same one. I love it. I've owed several SUVs that drive like trucks -very rough - not this one! Smooth like a car. I have a long commute, so it is much appreciated.

The height in the inside of the car - it feels wide open with plenty of view

I don't understand why it make such a funny noice when it is slipping - such a grinding noise - it is like something is wrong.