Used 2001 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

This is a great car
By kathy

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We have three boys and two dogs and this is the perfect car for us. It rides like a car, but has so much power. We have towed a travel trailer across 5 states with it like a breeze. We are a tall family (my 15 yr old is 6'5") and this Sequoia is very comfortable for all of us to ride in. Even the 3rd row seat has adequate leg room. We have been very happy with this SUV.

Easy, smooth ride & comfortable.

If only it could get better gas mileage. 16-17 MPG isn't bad for its power & size.

sequoia-owner for 4 years
By Kittridge

2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just an average SUV, with some annoying issues, like brakes that need replacement too often, doors that won't stay open and a poor speaker system, lack of ease when trying to get to the rear seats

doors, gas mileage, speakers,

Love it but ready to move on!
By sailor2x

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We've loved the room and comfort of the Sequoia but we are spending a fortune on gas! It has been a very reliable vehicle for us but we've had a few problems. Air conditioning in 2nd row stopped working, VSC went out, front brake rotors warped, back latch broke. Spending 2K/year on maintenance.

Leather/heated seats (great for cleaning up after kids); 4WD; plenty of room for long trips

Less expensive parts (VSC component $1200; back latch $500)

I love this vehicle...
By Jerald

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I don't usually get passionate about what I drive, but I definitely feel that way about this vehicle. Both my wife and I like how it drives, how much room we have and the versitility that it provides. We can carry many people in addition to a LOT of luggage for roadtrips, and then take out the seats and fill it full of any purchases we need to transport. We're very glad to have our Sequoia.

very reliable family on the go SUV
By ntchanda

2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I drive more than most Moms I know, and this car has been fabulous in terms of reliability-I had one minor problem with the CD player freezing during the winter but that was worked out. Other than that, it has NEVER broken down, and I have over 110K on the car that is just over 4 years old. Design problems they could fix are that the doors are so heavy they don't stay open on their own (so getting younger children out can be challenging) and they could streamline the overall design so it's not so bulky. Those are my only two negative comments.

Reliability, ability to fit 8 adults comfortably if necessary.

Better door design so they stay open when entering and exiting.