Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

A+ for safety...
By Annie

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I am very happy with this car. I have been able to test out the safety features in the snow and on icy roads and any slippage (due to sub-par snow tires) is immediately corrected. I feel safe, which is my #1 priority. I've read comments about feeling every bump in the road, maybe it is just because I've upgraded from a 2005 Camry, but I feel like I'm floating on clouds in this car.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the rear-center seat. The car should be wide enough to have a regular 3-seat bench, not sure why it has this funky belt coming out of the ceiling. Second thing is the lift gate. I think a power lift gate should be standard. It is not easy to get open with your hands full. Especially on the LE model. It has a rear back up camera standard, but a manual lift gate? Why? Even my 2005 Camry had an auto open button on the key fob for the trunk. Then there's the headlights. Instead of just turning off automatically, there is an annoying, high-pitched beep to remind you to turn them off manually. I've never driven a car made after 2000 that didn't turn the lights off automatically when you lock the car. I would gladly give back the back up camera to have auto-off lights and a power lift gate! My last complaint is storage. There is a glove box and small arm rest storage compartment, and under the center console is weird open storage that doesn't fit much. I can tell they were trying to make it look upgraded and modern, I'd gladly have old fashioned and functional!

Despite my complaints, I am happy with this car and don't regret my purchase. I've always been happy with the low cost of ownership that comes with Toyotas and I like that I can confidently drive on snow and ice now. The little things do make the experience for me though, and I know the manual lights and lift gate will continue to grate on me...

Grab a Rav4
By lasic1@msn.com

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Good solid vehicle, easy to handle, great mileage and very reliable.

Poor headlighing
By Sil

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a great with the exception, I believe was not tested at night. The headlights gives very poor lighting in distance. I have 20/20 vision so it is not my eye vision. Driving in city streets and highways is very dangerous, I have talked to other owners and the complain is the same. When driving I have to have the lights in high beam. I believe there should be a recall with new light beams replaced.

RAV 4 rough ride
By Robert Mason

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We noticed a very rough ride after we purchased the car. The dealer said we could buy new tires. We declined. We feel every bump in the road. Hopefully readers have some suggestions. Our current solution is with additional outdoor cushions which we place on the front seats. This is awkward but it helps. RJM

It is small

solve the rough ride problem

Excellent Vehicle
By Thomas Michlovitch

2013 Toyota RAV4 SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall the car does a great job. I live in the North East and we get our share of snow. The car handles great in the snow. Sometimes we will get 6 to 8 inches overnight. I don't have time to clear my driveway in the morning and the car cuts right through the snow. The car is roomy, handles great, and is fun to drive. There are however some minor annoyances with the car. For example, I would like to push the key-fob lock and lock the doors before closing them however the car does not allow that. If you leave the hatch open while driving the car will continuously beep. Very annoying when you moving something and can't close the hatch. There's no lock for the glove compartment.

All wheel drive. Blue tooth connectivity. Backup camera. Ground clearance.

Let me lock the doors using my key-fob before closing all of my doors. This allows me to get out of the car, lock the doors, put my keys in my pocket, and the get the rest of the stuff out of my car before closing the doors. Lock for the glove compartment. Take advantage of the radio display. Why does the name of the song playing on my radio need to scroll by when the screen is large enough to display the whole song along with the artist. Remove the audible warning from the hatch when open, or at least give the option to turn it off.